cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY accused me of selling a stolen item?!

SO, I had bought a bunch of items and found that one of the items was very expensive.  i researched and sold the item for $10,000.  After I sold it, item was reported stolen by a different buyer who missed out.  I called the manufacturer and original buyer/agent wgho had no record of it.  So, I mailed the item.

After mailing item, I recieved another report of stolen item.  Itwas somone from the manufacture.  I advised that I had already checked it out and that I also work in law enforcement and investigated it.  He used threatening language but offefred no PROOF that item was stolen.  I asked buyer to hold item and refunded the $10,000 while I wait for proof.  In the meantime, eBay suspends my account while they investigate.  They are asking where, when, how much, etc.... that I bought this item.  Like, i buy storage unites, from estate sales, and in bulk, so NONE of that will help.

So, I have been with eBay since they opened, have an office in the Philiphines, and have 10,000 listings.  My understanding, is that only law enforcement agencies can report and item stolen where a seller can be suspended.  It is crazy, to have all my business on hold when someone makes a simple accusation without proof.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: EBAY accused me of selling a stolen item?!

I do remember this one, but eBay is "not" law enforcement.   I am in law enforcement.   My research has brought up "nothing", so why is eBay suspending everything?

If they know something that I don't, it would be NICE to share.

Simply suspending a business because someone makes an accusation or there is a reference, is BAD BUSINESS on the part of eBay.

I have been with eBay since the beginning of eBay.  I am not going anywhere.  Lol

And if law enforcement from somewhere is investigating, like shouldn't that be said?  But it hasn't...  99% sure that nobody from law enforcement reported it, as I am i

Working with the Parties involved; manufacturer, agent, buyer.

AND if the item does turn out yo be stolen from the buyer, I will ask my buyer to turn it in, as it is stolen property. 

So suspending me in the mean time, is well, "mean"....

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Your account doesn't look suspended.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@v_auctioneer wrote:

Simply suspending a business because someone makes an accusation or there is a reference, is BAD BUSINESS on the part of eBay.

You weren't suspended because someone simply made an accusation.

I could accuse @coolections of selling stolen iPhones but he wont get suspended.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@v_auctioneer 

I’m going to guess the report of it being stolen came from ‘inside the house’ of the person who originally bought it.  

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

I have been with eBay since the beginning of eBay. I am not going anywhere.

Apparently, eBay thinks differently.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply