cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Hi Ebay Sellers, is just me? or ebay sales are very low for the last couple of weeks?

worst perfomance ever???

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Sure. There is far far less selection on eBay then there was a few years ago. Soon ebay will be only for people in India dropshipping packages from Sams Club and Amazon for 50c profit per box. (list 30000 items for sale and only get 3 feedbacks a month). Those are the only sellers that eBay seems to be interested in. 

Message 16 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Lol yup, I went from selling cards few days a week to literally nothing for two weeks now. Yes, this is a new-ish account, yes I have low feedback, but the fact is I still was making sales....

Today? < 1000 impressions, with 2 page views.

That's it.

2 views.

Ended my listings and am closing up shop haha.

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night.
Set the man on fire...
Message 17 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Many of us are in the same boat. I'm used to 4-8 sales a day consistently, year after year with occassional slow downs for a week or two. But the last two months now have been pathetic. It's been 1 or 2 sales a day with a few days of nothing. And I'm very active on here, listing every day, revising, etc...It's probably a combination of things including eBay's shenanigans, people glad to be out of lockdown and get out and about, summer vacations, as well as the type of products we are selling. Still, I like to blame eBay's shenanigans the most. They like to tweek things too much, usually not for the best. When you have no sales for two days, then have 3 within an hour, you know they're up to something. 

Message 18 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

This is typical for many sellers. June is the worst month, every year for me. This year even a bit more, but that is as I expected. If you know it and plan for it, it's much easier to handle.

Message 19 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

I think at least a "small"  part/problem is ebay being cheap. Ebay bux helped buyers wanting to buy more and increase the small  1% reward. This down graded from 2%  a couple years ago. Now the 1% is even gone,why?  This does not help to encourage buying.  And sure doesn't help sellers in the long run.

Message 20 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

I agree with you 100 %, the eBay bucks program removal was a very bad idea, many customers (buyers and sellers were using those eBay bucks to buy more on eBay) and especially that now everybody pay taxes on all purchases, I know the reason behind it, because eBay will take those eBay bucks into their  profit stream (we are talking about millions of dollars in their pockets) it was a risk they did take but as you said they did not think or calculate the consequences of that move which is buyers moving to other platforms that do give them rewards for their purchases. Hence the sales going down dramatically.

Message 21 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

i'm up 9000 percent.

Before anyone starts a thread about that it's sarcasm

There is no way to factor sales for everyone if you were selling sunscreen & bikinis (if only and a model to showcase them. vavavavoom!) you'd be doing ok but if you're selling rhinestone studded earmuffs you'd be tanking

not only does product come into play but condition, price, need or desire for your product even if it's in demand (it may not be of quality)....seasonal items aside there is no way to verify sales as a whole. if everything you listed sold you wouldn't have a need to sell because...you'd be sold out.

Message 22 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

I am sure the recent coding changes have played a part. But I think the bigger issue is a perfect storm of May to July being slow in general. People going outside and being less afraid to breathe on one another. And possibly unemployment for some running out and having to go back to work.

The advance of the child credit is supposed to show up in our accounts next week. So my guess is that'll boost sales for a few.

Message 23 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Very slow lately for me and most of the time I can’t figure out why. I try to keep my prices competitive and quite frequently my items are priced the lowest on eBay for that item and nothing. Even promoting my listings doesn’t help much.

Message 24 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Yes. I think the same as you. 🙂 🙂

Message 25 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

gjs_16
Guide

Yup, very bad, was doing great and now flatline _____________________________

Message 26 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Hello 

what recent coding changes ?

Message 27 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

21 years on eBay and I never ever had a 80% drop in sales (summer or winter, earthquake or tsunami, fire or flood, bird flue, swine flu, or whatever outbreak ...) .

It is definitely something with eBay. But I can not understand that eBay is quite about it, as we (sellers) generate their income. Or I do not understand the market at all.

Message 28 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

in the same boat, the site is dead, has been for us for nearly two days. something is off. weekends use to be our best days no matter the season. yet other platforms seems to have a normal flow..but its like ebay is turned off.

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

As a long time ebayer both seller and more often buyer I have left the platform.  Ebay forcing me to establish a bank account for them to have direct access to was the last straw.  I too have moved on and rarely purchase from ebay sellers anymore.  Especially now since the decline many sellers also have moved to other platforms and I am now finding better deals there.   

Its a shame, ebay got greedy and wanted all the profits, they were not happy having to give paypal a slice of the pie and dumped paypay and started this direct bank account requirement.   There was no way I was about to give ebay my personal bank account and social security number especially in this day an age when just about everything is being hacked.  That and the fact its almost impossible to get a human on the phone at ebay has made be jump ship.  This wasn't an easy as I was a ebay veteran since 2000.

Message 30 of 52
latest reply