cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Hi Ebay Sellers, is just me? or ebay sales are very low for the last couple of weeks?

worst perfomance ever???

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

rjillross
Adventurer

I thought it was just me since I have only been doing this since January. Up until the last few weeks I was making a sale almost daily and last week I went 6 days with nothing.

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

It's just you.

And probably a few thousand others.

There is an ebb and flow to retail, daily, weekly, monthly.

When I worked in B&Ms we tried to set up appointments for 2pm, because that was the slowest time of day.

Here on eBay I rarely get a sale on Tuesdays.

And when I worked in the family stamp shop,  I had to set up a system of recording daily sales in the day book, and contrasting them with the same month the previous year.

That was how we found out that December was consistently our worst month and that holding sales in December did not encourage buying, it just reduced profits.

What I'm saying is that you should first make your comparisons to last year and the year before that, to determine the high and low points in traffic.

And we long term sellers (I've been here since 1998 on one of my IDs) also have to look at our current listings to see if we are still up to date.

And for corrupted listings. I've seen some with gibberish descriptions that seem to have crept in during coding. Or missing pictures.

Or just prices that are too high or too low for the market.

Going by your FB left for others, you have been making about 30+ sales a month, but only one this past month. That's a steep dropoff, for sure. There may be something (or a lot) I'm missing here.

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

it's been terrible - very depressing - no incentive to even try at this point

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Not just you, lots of people reporting a drop in sales and views.  I have that problem now.  Save a handful of items, it's been quiet for about four weeks.  I have some hard to find stuff going and some brand new stuff I am cheaper on than anyone else on ebay and nothing is happening.  

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

It's not just you.

After several years of consistent quarterly sales (always factoring in the routine ups & downs of online retail), our past two quarters (Oct 2020 - Dec. 2020 / Jan 2021 - March 2021) have each experienced a 30% decline in sales.

We suspect that the average household hasn't benefitted from the economic "rebound" claims that are reported on the news.  It seems clear that discretionary (non-essential) purchases have fallen as the world continues to deal with the current economic limitations caused by the crisis still before us.

We're continuing to manage our business in light of these realities... and we're always seeking out new ideas for survival!

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Judging by the number of similar messages here, no, it's not just you.

I suggested that maybe, with Covid rules being a little more relaxed now, some buyers are returning to B&M stores rather than online purchases.  

Or maybe some of us have discovered that we either had to pay on our Federal income taxes, or just weren't getting the refund we had planned on.  

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

March was really slow for us, at least the last 2 weeks, which is unusual due to Easter and the sales for us that usually derives.

April has been better, but really hit or miss some days.  We are off about 14% from this time last year and [ast 30 days, we are down more than 22%.

It is snowing here right now and we've gotten 7 sales late afternoon.  Nutz.  - now that Terapeak is free to everyone, use it often to research your items, tweak your listings, etc.  Hang in there!  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 8 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Every category I've checked on TerraPeak has a huge drop-off in May... 

Terrapeak 2021-05-16 100504.png  

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

I know ours were down a cliff in April.  And my lovely dashboard told me daily in bright red just how much.

May is up, but not back to March levels.  PL impressions still not recovered.

E-bay KNOWS what happened.  Not that they will ever admit, detail or validate it.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

I was having a few sales each week in March and mostly April.  Then Nothing this past week.  My views have only increased by one or two.    They weren't even watched items that sold.  Most were unwatched. 

Change the channel!
Message 11 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

These days Ebay changed a lot of things here, maybe it could lead to the slow sales.

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

This weekend is absolutely pathetic!   Not a single sale - not even a offer.  Except for Thurs, the entire week was awful.   Jessie Crust!!!!!!   lol    Hope it hurts their bottom dollar the way they are screwing sellers around daily.  I had the best 14 months ever & now all of these changes are ruining it.  Good luck to us all.   🙂

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Our Sales are extremely slow.

We are moving to other platforms.

eBay is making it increasingly difficult to be profitable.

Especially with the new "Item Specifics they want us to do.

We basically have to relist our entire inventory.

Ebay is extorting free labor from us.

We are done with eBay.

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

It's been an extremely slow three weeks.  When I have received offers, it's been half of asking price.  Kind of frustrating as I can't afford to give my items away.

Message 15 of 52
latest reply