cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY Consignment for LUXURY BRAND CLOTHING & PURSES (Ebay sells item for you)

eBay consignment, a service that makes it easier to sell your luxury goods, is expanding to a new category. We are pleased to announce that in addition to handbags, which was the category accepted at launch, the service has expanded to enable the consignment of apparel pieces from over 30+ brands, including Dior, Fendi, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Off-White, Prada, and more.

If you are considering selling apparel or a luxury handbag, let eBay consignment do the heavy lifting for you. Simply fill out a brief intake form, print your pre-paid shipping label, ship your items with peace of mind since all labels are insured for the full value of the items, and let the professionals handle the rest for you. For your convenience, you can send in your apparel and handbags in the same shipment. Our team will handle the research, photographing, pricing, and listing of your items. Once the items sell, the team will notify you. All you have to do is simply sit back, relax, and get paid via check.

The service offers competitive commission rates and is very simple to use.

Click here to learn more and get started turning your closet into cash.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Just my 2 cents. I wouldn’t pay that much commission when I can do it myself for less. 

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

No thanks.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Most of the brands mentioned aren’t available new with discounts remotely close(some not at all, even factoring in employee pricing) to even pay the fees, so that leaves only stolen and used goods. I suppose it may be prudent for a very well-to-do individual who wants to thin out their wardrobe. However, it’s absolutely not a good business model from the user end. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I wouldn't be surprised if this expands to ALL luxury goods. 

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

Just my 2 cents. I wouldn’t pay that much commission when I can do it myself for less. 

...not to mention the $15 "admin fee" on sales below $300 (which presumably includes those items that are marked down after three months of non-sale), and a $25 "charge" if you send in something that they deem to be either off-brand or counterfeit.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

...not to mention the $15 "admin fee" on sales below $300 (which presumably includes those items that are marked down after three months of non-sale), and a $25 "charge" if you send in something that they deem to be either off-brand or counterfeit.

Based on the number of mistakes (inaccurate authentications - fakes deemed authentic and authentic items deemed fake, mixed up shipments with wrong items sent to wrong buyers, missing dustbags, straps, original paperwork getting lost and not sent to buyers, and other issues seen in ebay's "authenticity guaranteed" program, we've seen how undependable ebay's programs are. 

Ebay needs to stick to what they do best: Offer a venue for buyers and sellers to connect. Let buyers and sellers do the due diligence and verify authenticity and accuracy of items.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@a_c_green wrote:

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

Based on the number of mistakes (inaccurate authentications - fakes deemed authentic and authentic items deemed fake, mixed up shipments with wrong items sent to wrong buyers, missing dustbags, straps, original paperwork getting lost and not sent to buyers, and other issues seen in ebay's "authenticity guaranteed" program, we've seen how undependable ebay's programs are. 

Ebay needs to stick to what they do best: Offer a venue for buyers and sellers to connect. Let buyers and sellers do the due diligence and verify authenticity and accuracy of items.

Unfortunately, that led down the road to the counterfeits/stolen property that has given eBay a reputation for scams and fakes (with at least a couple of other platforms instituting authenticity as well). What they really need to do is improve their authenticity program.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Just my opinion but this seems to me to be eBay walking a fine line towards selling their own products.  (something they always brag that they never do, unlike Amazon)

The idea that they are cherry picking a seller to sell luxury goods, with the accompanying coupon sale and advertising, they are skirting the "sell their own products" by just farming it out on a seller (a very successful one, and one I have no beef with and I'm not disparaging them at all)

You might think that this is just Luxury goods, but it could work with lots of other items.    

Of course, I am still just shaking my head at the fact that people will spend that kind of money on luxury items.  In my opinion, no one needs a $30K Hermes purse, it just baffles me that anyone would spend that kind of money on stuff like that.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

"Our team will handle the research, photographing, pricing, and listing of your items."

Business is money.  Selling is money.  Anytime I buy anything to sell on eBay the most important consideration is what I can sell it for.  The money I put out versus what I can take in, that is the equation.  Letting anyone else handle your pricing is like leaving a kid in a candy store.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@dolcetreasures wrote:

Most of the brands mentioned aren’t available new with discounts remotely close(some not at all, even factoring in employee pricing) to even pay the fees, so that leaves only stolen and used goods. I suppose it may be prudent for a very well-to-do individual who wants to thin out their wardrobe. However, it’s absolutely not a good business model from the user end. 

Which is where Linda's Stuff got most of their high end stuff in the first place.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

Any seller with a lick of sense would be able to see through this smoke screen and fully realize this initiative is NOT for the sellers benefit but to increase eBay's profits. However, it does give some of those posters who have been looking for a consignment seller a potential place to go. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and what type of postings we get on this forum for those that signup to use it. I would dump everything I have to a local consignment auction house and quit selling before I would head down this path with eBay. 

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Be sure you have read all the conditions and fees...........

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

"Of course, I am still just shaking my head at the fact that people will spend that kind of money on luxury items.  In my opinion, no one needs a $30K Hermes purse, it just baffles me that anyone would spend that kind of money on stuff like that."

Of course, I would never spend 30K on a designer bag. But in defense of those other designer bags, I am a big fan. Their constuction is impeccable,and they are made so well, with such attention to detail. But their biggest selling point for me is that they last so long,and wear so well,two of my ten year old designer bags still look brand new.Ive probably saved a fortune over the last twenty years in not having to buy two or three cheap purses every year. 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

"Of course, I am still just shaking my head at the fact that people will spend that kind of money on luxury items.  In my opinion, no one needs a $30K Hermes purse, it just baffles me that anyone would spend that kind of money on stuff like that." 

Those are celebrity status symbols. 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 15 of 22
latest reply