cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropship

A buyer contacted me about a high priced item.  They said they wanted me to dropship for them and they would provide me with the label via email.  I said I was with this practice and was concerned that if he sent me the label I would lose out of my Paypal protection and any insurance protection. He replied that I was an idiot and I added him to my bbl.  How does this dropship work? 

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Dropship

If they provide the label, you would be giving away your item.

Dropship

I think you were right to question it. The address has to be the one on the paypal payment. People "dropship" all the time, but they pay through paypal and just change the address on the payment.  If he was providing the label that would be fine if he changed the address on the payment. Maybe he didn't want his name on the label. That would make sense.

Message 3 of 59
latest reply

Dropship

Your instincts were correct........too many things can happen.......the label he sends is not going to go to the address in your paypal so he could very well claim non receipt.  In fact you would have no proof that you mailed it at all.

People that are doing this kind of drop shipping (arbitrage) are just going to buy and then enter the address of their buyer in checkout.......

Message 4 of 59
latest reply

Dropship

So now 15 minutes after I added him to BBL he somehow purchased it.  Should I be concerned? 

Message 5 of 59
latest reply

Dropship

@holsteinatlanta wrote:

So now 15 minutes after I added him to BBL he somehow purchased it.  Should I be concerned? 

If you bocked him, how can he still buy from you.

To be honest, after he called you an idiot would be the last time I would deal with that person.

I would fudge this one and say probem with address as that was how it was originally and block him again.

Message 6 of 59
latest reply

Dropship

@holsteinatlanta wrote:

He** yes!

I'd do anything I could to get out of that sale!

Message 7 of 59
latest reply

Dropship

the only thing worse is I now have to call ebay customer support.  😞

Message 8 of 59
latest reply

Dropship

I'd call Ebay on this one.

Blocking bidders and buyers

• If you don't want to sell your items to certain members, you can add their usernames to a blocked list.

• Members on your blocked list can't bid on or buy any of your items unless you remove them from the list.

• You can block up to 5,000 usernames.

• By default, blocked members are still able to contact you about your listings. You can change this setting in My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements. You can also get to Site Preferences from Seller Hub > Overview > Shortcuts.

Message 9 of 59
latest reply

Dropship

@holsteinatlanta wrote:

the only thing worse is I now have to call ebay customer support.  😞

Keep calling until you get a rep w/o an accent.

Message 10 of 59
latest reply

Dropship

An ID on the BBL should not be able to bid or buy from you.

However, check the Paypal payment and make sure the money is there, with an "OK to ship."

Maybe the guy finally figured out that providing a 3rd party label was not necessary and that he could simply designate any address during checkout.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 11 of 59
latest reply

Dropship

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:

However, check the Paypal payment and make sure the money is there, with an "OK to ship."

Maybe the guy finally figured out that providing a 3rd party label was not necessary and that he could simply designate any address during checkout.

~~C~~

I still wouldn't sell to him. No way, no how!

Message 12 of 59
latest reply

Dropship

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:

Indeed. How did you enter the name on your BBL? Copy-and-paste would be best, as it would avoid any problems such as confusing a lower-case L with a number 1, or a capital O with a zero, etc. It sounds as if you may not have it accurately recorded there (unless of course he just came at you with a different account for the purchase).

Message 13 of 59
latest reply

Dropship

I see nothing in your sold/completed today   ?????

Message 14 of 59
latest reply

Dropship

Custoer support provided me with two options.  I could ship the item to the guy and if he leaves a negative it could be removed or I could cancel the tranaction and say 'bad shipping address' which I do not want to do because that was just done to me on this account.  So I'm goig to ship it insured with sign confirmation.  Thank you guys for your help

Message 15 of 59
latest reply