cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Standards. Time to ADDRESS issues

Hello everyone. Ebay came out and announced that return time frames are extended and that buyers have 21 days to return which wasn't true, since my buyer would not send back the return and when I tried to close it after 31 days, they would not close and I was told that due to Covid 19 buyer have unlimited time to ship the item back, which was ridiculous. I have the email as proof. Within US, even if you are in NY you do have the ability to take the item to the post office and 30 days is more then enough. On top, you can just hand the package to the mail man right by your residence. 

Now Prior Covid 19 lockdowns I shipped 6 packages total to Russia. This was from March 3rd to March 11th. Packages are being delayed. All of them show in transit but are not delivered yet. All buyers opened up request. I found a way to somehow communicate with hiding ebay customer service and told them that obviously the delay was caused by Covid 19 and its worldwide lock down. I received an email back saying that as a seller I should make sure items are delivered within the timeframe promised. HOW on earth would I do that? If COVID is effecting us all, how would I ensure that? So COVID effects the return shipping, but not the original shipping? Ebay closed all cases against me, not taken in to consideration that the delay is due to Covid to extend the delivery time and refunded close to $3000 of my money to buyers while my items are gone too. I see this as double standards and seller abuse continues as usual. Who else has this issue? This is an absolute legal matter. They cannot do this. Are any of you having this issue? Thank you

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Double Standards. Time to ADDRESS issues

I have the email. It says that we will have to give them as much time as they need until things are back to normal because may be the reason they are not shipping back is because they are directly effected. I asked the buyer and he apologized and closed the return himself since he changed his mind about returning but didn't care to close the return. 

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

But, how many years do have, or are willing to put forth, to litigate it?  Won't even get into mundane things like money.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

If I am alone in it then its a waste of time I don't have. 

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@simplewardr37 wrote:

On top, you can just hand the package to the mail man right by your residence. 

Depends on where you are.

Where I'm at, they won't even pick up a letter when you leave it in your mail box with the flag up.

Have a great day.
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

You aren't alone, but those in a similar position may not share your, ah, concern or frustration or 'inconvenience'.  Too many have listened to those who say that, 'it's ebay's sandbox, and they can do what they want'.  To many, it is just another 'job'.  Too many look around and see other corporations and other online sites and governments (local and national), think, 'Why bother?', and decide to put on netflix.  It won't be long before people will say, 'Who?', when George Carlin is mentioned.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 20 of 23
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

From the eBay user agreement: 

"We reserve the right to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion"

Perhaps you can counter with, the above lacks a reasonable degree of specificity related to it's application, does not bar an action for monetary injury ?

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

.......where's that head  exploding emoji.......

Judge not others by your own limitations
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

This is when I prefer to sell on other Marketplaces. At least Amazon can say 30 days which is bad enough, but stick to it.  I have Returns over 42 days and Ebay still will not close.  There has been no activity. Their team said, it is now all automated. I can't get anyone to help so why are these Customer Service Reps even there?  There is no help lately. 

Message 23 of 23
latest reply