Starting tomorrow the USPS is adding a surcharge on packages

over 22" its $4

over 30" its $15

over 2 cu ft its $15

and ebay is not giving a shipping label discount on the surcharges

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Don't forget USPS adding a $4 to $15 surcharge on packages tomorrow April 3rd

You have to look at the plus side...

plus, another roughly $.50 to $2.00 on those orders in profit eBay will be making (charging sellers fees)!

Need you guys to keep selling so I can invest in eBay and retire  😉

Parody - I will be here selling and paying for awhile longer   😞

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

Re: Don't forget USPS adding a $4 to $15 surcharge on packages tomorrow April 3rd

I have some of those boxes also.  I would love to use them but I don't know what the flat rate for them was. Do you?

Thanks

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

The "game board" box is one of the two Large flat rate boxes. The current online postage cost for a Large flat rate box is  $19.20.

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

Sorry can't help you there, no more selling large items or tubes but maybe good news for me, now I can apply for Disability, this wiped out half my income. I'll get more living off the government and don't have to work 7 days a week and deal with ebay, bet my blood pressure will drop lol

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

Not sure what changed when ebay adjusted the calculator but now my label printing is not working, its  loading to download on a PDF on fire fox, I tried to change it back to PNG but that just opens up a page and can't print it.

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

@d.amber wrote:

I have a question on the large flat rate game boxes.   The ones that are, if you round, 12x3x24.  Will they still be the flat rate?  I hardly use them and keep everything to flat rate boxes or A and B boxes, but I was wondering about those larger 'game' boxes.

@d.amber- they'll actually honor them until they run out - so if you can get your hands on another batch sometime down the road, they'll still be good.  I ordered a second stack of 25  over and above the 20 I have because I go through them really fast in the winter (I use them to ship coats and computer bundles). I figured it would get me through another year so I simply stocked up ahead of time.  If I see any at the 'give n' take' pile at the post office I'll grab them, too. I think I used almost 50 of them last winter and I'm just a two-bit seller.  They were really nice!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 36 of 42
latest reply

Will the surcharge be added to existing items that I calculated freight on months ago? Do I have to manually add it? Will and is it already in calculate shipping since we already add dimensions and weight now?

Do I have to go back and change shipping costs, and will it upgrade to new prices?

Thanks

Sorry for all the questions just a lot of questions

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

If your listing is set up with the shipping calculator based on the package weight and dimensions, then the new rate will automatically be calculated.  If you entered a flat price, then you have to update that.

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

Even on the items listed previously? Will it adjust freight charges when bought for buyer to see?

Again Thanks for your help

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

The shipping calculator always shows the current price, regardless of when the listing was set up.

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

Yep, My sales have dropped 35% since the rate increase

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

Pretty soon we'll be selling just to pay the USPS. 

Message 42 of 42
latest reply