cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone find ?????????

Are any sellers finding that the make an offer people are become more aggitated and rude towards sellers that do not offer a huge discount?

I have had a rash lateley and they are getting more and more aggitated and rude and then sending messages like .....well why have a best offer if all your giving is a 1.00 off.....and ......Why even bother with dealing with you..... 

I mean Shipping has increased, I already have the lowest price and you (the offerer) want to send me a personal message asking why I only give a 1.00 off of a 22.99 item that has to be shipped at 7.50 bubble envelope and the product retails for 36.00 and you only offered 16.00 to start with.  Told the buyer if you buy more than one....(I offer free shipping).... then I can discount accordingly.......but then got some more inappropriate  email.  

Just wondering if anyone else has seen a larger number of rude buyers when refusing to accept offers....especially unreasonable ones.  I mean I don't email them and say, Can't you see I am already the lowest price why would you make such a rediculous offer?....but maybe I should.

I think Ebay has created another monster.  I used to just let them go but they seem to be increasing.

Rich 

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Does anyone find ?????????

I usually reply " Did you fall and bump your head" 

I have never received an answer to that question and they go away,

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 16 of 35
latest reply

You are using the best offer incorrectly. Set the auto decline to the lowest per item and let the negotiate with themselves until the run out of offers. When they get to their last offer available, they'll either quite and give you an offer you can live with.

Then you can look at their feedback history as a buyer and decide if you will take their final offer....or decline and block.

I had two of those this month. final offers finally met my minimum. One I accepted, one I blocked.

Cheers.
Message 17 of 35
latest reply

I know how to use the high and low acceptance feature, but I find this offering to be on things that I don't have a BIN on.  They send an email through contact seller and make ridiculous low ball offers.

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

@caninekopz wrote:

Are any sellers finding that the make an offer people are become more aggitated and rude towards sellers that do not offer a huge discount?

I have had a rash lateley and they are getting more and more aggitated and rude and then sending messages like .....well why have a best offer if all your giving is a 1.00 off.....and ......Why even bother with dealing with you..... 

I mean Shipping has increased, I already have the lowest price and you (the offerer) want to send me a personal message asking why I only give a 1.00 off of a 22.99 item that has to be shipped at 7.50 bubble envelope and the product retails for 36.00 and you only offered 16.00 to start with.  Told the buyer if you buy more than one....(I offer free shipping).... then I can discount accordingly.......but then got some more inappropriate  email.  

Just wondering if anyone else has seen a larger number of rude buyers when refusing to accept offers....especially unreasonable ones.  I mean I don't email them and say, Can't you see I am already the lowest price why would you make such a rediculous offer?....but maybe I should.

I think Ebay has created another monster.  I used to just let them go but they seem to be increasing.

Rich 

I've only had one buyer make the comment  of  '' Why have best offer  if you  keep declining '' ?  and that was some time ago . I believe most of the really  low offers I get are from resellers  and some of them are downright absurd . Like the time I received an offer of ONE dollar  on a 15 dollar necklace that had  free shipping . I didn't even take the time out to feel insulted because I figured  that person had to be the biggest cheapskate in the world or was just plain nuts . 🙂   Tulips

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

@johnrj1226 wrote:

Yes i  have folks that  get testy when  I decline there low ball offer.  Like a duck I jsut  let the rain roll off my back.

3. Lastly yes "some" people thing they are entitled to  being able to buy everyting at a "rock" bottom price because of who they think thy are.  Have a neighbor that is like that and "claims" she  can buy a Ford automotive product  car, SUV, pick-up at  Fords's actual cost at the end of the assembly line & final inspection far  below the  Ford Z plan - she never worked for Ford, neither did her  ex husband - but she  gets is because she  is who she is and  she ain't no spring chicken.  I'm  glad we  have a 6.5' tall x 200' long  solid wood picket fence with only small gaps between each board  dividing our properties.

Doesn't sound like a very pleasant neighbor  you have there . I've run into those types as well from time to time . However if you'd like to trade  for the family who live to the right of us  just say the word . My craft room where I work on my jewelry  that I sell here  is very close to their patio  and I ALWAYS end up needing to shut all the windows. They do not speak  to each other , instead they yell at the top of their lungs  standing only a few feet away  from one another . They have a 6 year old that lets out these blood curdling high pitch screams whenever the mood strikes her  which is all day long  . They can not wash their car  or do yard work  WITHOUT blaring loud music  with some of the most profane lyrics  I've ever heard . Sometimes I can't believe it's even legal to  be able to purchase stuff like that. Someone in their family is always having a birthday  and it seems our neighbors are the designated  party hosts  each and every time . In the summer it's even worse . I don't know about anyone else who does crafts  but I need peace  while I'm trying to think  and make stuff . So as soon as a home supply store runs a sale  we're going to invest in some good   sound proofing . Tulips 

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

I sell old motorcycle parts so my experience may be a bit different. Many sellers of used parts post optimistically  high BIN prices and wait for offers, as in "$2000 BIN but I'll take $300". I think you have to take these low bids in the right spirit, with a courteous and simple "No Thank You" and leave it at that. Imagine a flea market exchange where each of you trades cheerful insults as to the quality of the item or the price offered. I encounter this quite often at swap meets and never let the grumpy types bother me. Good luck to you.

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

I simply will not do BO, I find it attracts a lot of people you do not want to deal with, firstly stupid low ball offers are a waste of time, then you get the buyer eventually who ponies up for what in his opinion is to much, result - already a P***** O ** buyer i can guarantee will find something wrong with the item to try for a partial to bring it in line with what they first wanted to pay, not worth the hassle IMO, Still get offers on BIN, Price is the Price and it's already with most of my listings 60% off, I'm not giving it away.

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

Yes, I have had rude buyers like that too. I usually will block a rude (potential) buyer (after I give them one chance to redeem themselves) because the problems will not stop with the price complaints.
Message 23 of 35
latest reply

I did what you suggest and got a very angry message from a buyer who was nearly yelling at me, "OK, so how much will you take for this item, you have declined my offers 3 times!!!!!"

He had been auto rejected 3 times for serious low ball bids, then came at me in messaging. BTW, all over a pin back that was less than $10 🙂

People are very odd ;-0
Message 24 of 35
latest reply

I suspect she was both Tulips 🙂
Message 25 of 35
latest reply

As a buyer I find many sellers should not be offering best offer. They barely budge on offers and should not even be playing the game. They should stick to BIN only and let their items sit and collect dust instead. I believe this is the reason why many buyers get angry and appear to be rude.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

@mannaustexas wrote:

I sell old motorcycle parts so my experience may be a bit different. Many sellers of used parts post optimistically  high BIN prices and wait for offers, as in "$2000 BIN but I'll take $300". I think you have to take these low bids in the right spirit, with a courteous and simple "No Thank You" and leave it at that. Imagine a flea market exchange where each of you trades cheerful insults as to the quality of the item or the price offered. I encounter this quite often at swap meets and never let the grumpy types bother me. Good luck to you.

Oh I wasn't rude to the potential buyer  who offered the one dollar  on the 15 dollar  necklace I made myself ,, I just simply declined their offer . Had they come back  with a better offer  or one that would have least  covered the  shipping costs  we MIGHT [ and I use that word loosely ]  could have eventually  come  to a mutual  agreement . However they never made another offer so I guess a buck was all they were willing to spend . If that indeed was the case  they should probably solely  stick with China  merchants . Here in America  an offer like that  might get  someone  an invitation  to go get a checkup from the neck up.  🙂   Tulips

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

@lovefindingtreasures2 wrote:
I suspect she was both Tulips 🙂

Yep 🙂 

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

Know that type well, sadly.  My adult stepdaughter (54) is one of them.  Wants everything CHEAP.  We bought a new car and offered her our old car which was in very good condition and well kept, for far less that what it would have retailed for.  She wanted it cheaper!  Before H could even entertain giving her that, I took the phone and said that was the price, the car was available until about 7 p.m. and that was that.

She called back the next day looking for it to still be available to her.  We had traded it in for more $$$ than we were asking from her!   So now she is made at ME, go figure.  One more aside, if I may, this one never gives us anything new...always things that she can't sell on ebay or at her garage sale...total GARBAGE.  Oh well.  Thanks for letting me vent on that one.

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

No

Message 30 of 35
latest reply