cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Paypal Terms of Service and Rules Apply to Sellers Outside the US?

If I am from another Country outside the US or from another State in the US, does Paypals rules/policy still apply to me and my account? Can you explain in detail? Thank you

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does Paypal Terms of Service and Rules Apply to Sellers Outside the US?

I don't understand what you mean by another state in the US since that is not an outside of US seller..

As I mentioned earlier, if a seller in another country accepts Paypal that means that they have a Paypal account in their own country so they would follow the policies of that country. The rules and fees may be slightly different in different countries but I'm sure that they all have to pay a transaction fee. Paypal isn't going to process payments for free. 

For example, I'm in Canada so my PP account is with the Canadian version of PP. Most of the policies are identical to the US version. There is a slight difference in fees mainly because the majority of Canadian sellers transactions are international, not domestic.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

This might be a good question to post on the PayPal discussion boards:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Community/ct-p/en
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

They often don't answer, thought there might be an expert Seller who might know the answer to this question. ^^;

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I think your question is pretty vague. Perhaps if you could be more specific, you might get some helpful information.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Are you referring to any specific rules or policies?  It's a very open question and the answer might depend on the context of the question.

If a seller here accepts Paypal, that means that they have a Paypal account so they would definitely be subject to the rules of Paypal in their country.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

What I mean is, if I were to do business overseas, perhaps from another Country or from another state in the US.

Would the TOS (Terms of Service) rules, when conducting business transactions apply to me as a Seller? Are the rules in terms of service, the same for Sellers anywhere they reside or is it specifically for those in the US? Are the rules different for those out of Country? Do they all pay a transaction fee?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I don't understand what you mean by another state in the US since that is not an outside of US seller..

As I mentioned earlier, if a seller in another country accepts Paypal that means that they have a Paypal account in their own country so they would follow the policies of that country. The rules and fees may be slightly different in different countries but I'm sure that they all have to pay a transaction fee. Paypal isn't going to process payments for free. 

For example, I'm in Canada so my PP account is with the Canadian version of PP. Most of the policies are identical to the US version. There is a slight difference in fees mainly because the majority of Canadian sellers transactions are international, not domestic.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply