cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dislike ebay changing make a offer with 3x limit to 5x...

No question really. Just want to write that I feel annoyed with the limit raised from 3x to 5x for make an offer as a seller and as a buyer. I don't mind when someone send me an offer, but if it's more than 2 times, I will straight up decline out of annoyance. Why do they think haggling back and forth 5x is a good selling experience for anyone? I think some buyers make very lowball offer with first offers when they have 5 chances. Because of this, I will be doing less counteroffers and just straight up decline. Anyone else feel the same?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Dislike ebay changing make a offer with 3x limit to 5x...

It is annoying to some sellers and myself. Either remove BO or use Auto Decline.Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Actually in some categories it's 10 offers now
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

That's nuts!
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I feel your pain!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

More annoying is the +30% min for the BIN price on auctions.
I have a lot of $40-$50 items I would take $47 or $60 for w/ BIN...but they have to be priced at $52 and $65.
Did I say annoying?
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@myddscloset wrote:

No question really. Just want to write that I feel annoyed with the limit raised from 3x to 5x for make an offer as a seller and as a buyer. I don't mind when someone send me an offer, but if it's more than 2 times, I will straight up decline out of annoyance. Why do they think haggling back and forth 5x is a good selling experience for anyone? I think some buyers make very lowball offer with first offers when they have 5 chances. Because of this, I will be doing less counteroffers and just straight up decline. Anyone else feel the same?

If you think that's bad, try listing in the categories where they've made it TEN offers lol

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Never yet had one go beyond 3.......usually they drop out at the counteroffer or come close enough with a counter for me to accept.......  If they start very low I will counter at price -$2.....that seems to weed out the real bottom feeders and sometimes I will put in the counter offer of x the verbiage "x is the lowest I can go" and they either fish or cut bait. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

It's like eBay is say, "Just keep POUNDING on the seller until he's bloodied and gives in!"

Certainly a strong reason to make use of the auto-decline option if you are going to go with Best Offers in your listings... or if they are going to be forced upon you.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I DON'T respond to low ball offers!

In fact most of the time I don't respond to any offer made on a listing where I DO NOT offer "best offer"

I'm not on eBay to haggle and I no longer do auctions. . .

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Can you imagine going into Walmart and offering the manager $100 for a $200 TV

He'd laugh you right out of the store. . .Now if you're at the Chevrolet Dealer that 's another story!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

If the offer is within 5% of my bottom target and I have had it for a while, I will accept to move it. Don't even do the counteroffers anymore. Never had a buyer accept one. In general I don't like best offer that much because even if you accept, they don't always pay. So it is just a possible sale, not one you can count on. 

The 30 percent on auctions and BIN would be better served at about 15% considering most auctions do not get competition bids. 30% is enough difference that most buyers will either bid or save and forget to bid. I think 15 % is a more comfortable BIN convenience for buyers. 

5x and 10x haggling sounds more like a flea market and much easier accomplished at one. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply