cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointment to consistently find out slow sales of specific items are from muddled up listings

I'm growing so tired of discovering why my listings are not selling is due to muddled up listings. Experienced buyers surfing BIN (Buy-it-now listing) know how to find lowest current prices by sorting listings to lowest price first. When this is done often the return is totally muddled up with other items they aren't looking to buy. This is abundant with coins in BIN listing. 

Today's example; 1914D Buffalo Nickels I've had listed for months. The 14D Buffalo is a Key-Date sought after coin but they are just not selling, why one might ask? Because BIN listing for 14D is a cluster $#&% with countless 14S listings. Often this happens when sellers list items wrong, some sellers do it by accident others do this intentionally. However in this case its eBay's fault, how do I know? Well my 14S are also showing up on 14D page and when I attempt to revise my 14S listing its already entered correctly as a 14S.  So my 14D listing is many many many pages back, way back buried in listing. Had same problem with other dates also, like my 1926S Buffalo listing which was 23 pages deep in a muddled up listing with a plethora of 1926D. 

So in closing, since its near impossible to actually talk to someone that can or will fix it what am I left to do, sell elsewhere? Please eBay fix this reoccurring disappointment before I list all my Key-Date coins on other platforms.   

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Disappointment to consistently find out slow sales of specific items are from muddled up listings

Sadly if you would take a look at the current threads going on the Seller Forum, you'd find there are many complaining of the same or similar situations.  You may want to review some of those other threads for some hints or helpful notes.  I am sorry you are having these issues.  I know my sales are very slow too.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I tried seeing what you are seeing but could not. I typed 1914 d buffalo nickel and it showed the first page of 60 ALL 1914 d buffalo nickels. I went a step further as you say you did and changed the default to lowest price. ALL 60 items shown where 1914 d buffalo nickels.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Most people don't know you now have to put specific key words in quotation marks for ebay's search to bring up accurate results.  I spoke with an eBay rep and they were very condescending, telling me they assumed everyone knew "basic HTML".  I tried to explain that over 60% of ebay users are 35 and older and if they've never had to do this before, how are they magically supposed to know to do that now?  It also makes no sense for eBay to do this.  I try searching for a steering wheel air bag and eBay shows me years and models I didn't search for and will show me roof and seat air bags.  I have to scroll halfway down the page to find one air bag I was searching for unless I use quotation marks around the year and "wheel" in my search.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply