cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing messages

I will get a message asking a question about an item. Wouldn’t it be so helpful if the message stayed in your list of notifications? I find that it disappears and then I forget to answer! I wish it would allow us to delete it after WE answer. Make sense?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Disappearing messages

@will_395415 wrote:

I will get a message asking a question about an item. Wouldn’t it be so helpful if the message stayed in your list of notifications? I find that it disappears and then I forget to answer! I wish it would allow us to delete it after WE answer. Make sense?

My eBay Messages do not disappear unless I delete them.

But are you making sure you are viewing ALL messages and not just UNREAD messages? 

I believe UNREAD is the default. 

luckythewinner_0-1711628394929.png

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Disappearing messages

eBay might reasonably delete a message if the user that sent the message was suspended, if the message violated policy by including contact information, or if the message was some sort of scam.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Disappearing messages

@will_395415 

A bit confused. Are you saying that you'd like your notification bell (for a message) to stay red until you manually dismiss it?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Disappearing messages

I never rely on the notification bell and when you click on it the notification will delete from there.

In my Seller Hub Overview I can see the number of unread messages in 2 places. 
I answer messages as they come in this way I don't forget about them, those unread messages shown in the image are messages I marked as unread solely for the purpose of making the image. 
IMG_1446.jpeg

Message 5 of 5
latest reply