cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I miss the memo?

I was just editing one of my BINs with Make Offer and saw this notice just above the Shipping Cost:

BIN MESSAGE.JPG

This is absurd - where did it come and how do I turn it off?

Message 1 of 198
latest reply
197 REPLIES 197

Did I miss the memo?

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
How much trouble would it be for ebay to ALERT sellers who have been chosen for a "test", that they have in fact been chosen?

Way back in reply #eleventy-seven something of this thread, Trinton answered that very question, stating that they didn't want to do that for fear of skewing the results.

Without such notification, that's convolutedly similar to "double secret probation" from Animal House.

Oh, great, now you're going to have all us lovers of fine films coming up with more jokes from the movie that can be applied here... Smiley Very Happy

Message 196 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

Then again...if they opt out...where's th skew?
Message 197 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

trinton@ebay,

I am responding because I am one of the sellers having the problem with my listings saying "seller does not respond to offers...I have 'make offer' on all of my (17) listings.

And as far as this "test" being for sellers that don't respond, I want to say I respond to ALL my offers with an acceptance or counter offer the same day or within 24 hours I  receive them, and I have the emails saved in my message box to verify this! I think I am losing sales because of this, because I had watchers on several of the items. And what's confusing, I had another seller send me screen shots of the same item, one said seller does not respond, and the other didn't, how am I supposed to know?? I've even been putting a disclaimer on my listings. I was on the phone with customer service for two hours last week and they're not even aware of why this is happening! What is this "test" supposed to be testing and when is it going to end?? I'm not going to list anything else until this ends! I also think something should be done about the outrageous shipping charges and the fact that I was charged an additional $3.21, by eBay, for a 16 oz package I paid $4.94 postage on (after discount), that was changed from First Class to Priority by someone (??)!

Message 198 of 198
latest reply