cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I miss the memo?

I was just editing one of my BINs with Make Offer and saw this notice just above the Shipping Cost:

BIN MESSAGE.JPG

This is absurd - where did it come and how do I turn it off?

Message 1 of 198
latest reply
197 REPLIES 197

Did I miss the memo?

I saw that today when looking at items.  I though it was something you choose.

It's too short of time frame.  Adding the word about would even help.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

@modyroadwrote:

I was just editing one of my BINs with Make Offer and saw this notice just above the Shipping Cost:

BIN MESSAGE.JPG

This is absurd - where did it come and how do I turn it off?

Wow!  I see that on a lot of your listings.  I just went and checked mine (on my Selling ID) and thank goodness it's not there!    Did you make any recent changes in your preferences??

Message 3 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

Could it be based on your actual past performance?

Message 4 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

@modyroad

Does it go away if you take BO off the listing?

Message 5 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

AFAIC ... that blurb cements my past decision to NEVER offer Best Offer under any circumstances. I refuse to have myself painted into a corner like that.

/sheesh

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 6 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

Wow!  I had to check my "best offer" listings and it's not there.  Whew!  I think it could help bring in offers for those willing to commit to quick responses.  

Message 7 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

@livadiawrote:

@modyroad

Does it go away if you take BO off the listing?

I just checked a seller I have saved who has B.O. on a lot of her listings and who always responds in a very timely manner and none of hers have Seller Responds to Offers in one hour.  

Message 8 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

Could this be something that ebay is testing on a few sellers? 

Message 9 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

I'm not sure how it is being determined, but on one page of searching, for one type of item, I saw 5 BO with 4 of them having a 'time', all different - 1, 3, 4, and 12 hours - that the seller responds within. The fifth said 4 day delivery. I have a feeling it is either by history or some average of past responses - if not a choice during listing.

Have to be logged in to see it - it doesn't show if not logged in.
Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

I just checked my listings on my store ID and all  mine say seller responds in 3 hours. Where the heck is this coming from??

Message 11 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

Well, I guess you're never allowed to sleep now.

Message 12 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

brian@ebay

Hi, Brian:  Sorry to bother you but could you enlighten us on this new development?  We are all in the dark here!Smiley Sad

Thank you for your help!!!Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

A blue reply to THIS should be interesting.
Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 14 of 198
latest reply

Did I miss the memo?

It's not showing to me on your stuff......or anyone else's I've checked....  so I'm guessing a test.....sigh

Message 15 of 198
latest reply