cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defect ratings

Regarding tracking uploaded & validated. It states in my SELLER LEVEL that there are several items where tracking was not uploaded at all. It clearly shows that the items have tracking, were shipped on time and items were delivered. 

I am aware that USPS has been slacking in there delivery of packages. And even though these packages were dropped off on time the USPS personnel may not be scanning them.

Why am I (along with probably many other sellers) getting a negative mark for this?  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Defect ratings

It has nothing to do with USPS which was destroyed when an individual was put in charge to control the mail system to the benefit of democracy hating elected officials. It has to do with eBay's lack of knowledge  of the most important holiday honoring those who fault to keep the USA a Democratic Republic!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Defect ratings

You assessment of the USPS possibly not scanning the package may be correct if you are simply dropping them at the post office. What I cannot piece together from your posting is you state that "it shows", whatever it is, that the items have tracking and were shipped and delivered on time. Are you saying that when you check the USPS tracking the shipping trail is there but it is not in the eBay link? 

I always have the packages initially scanned at the PO when I drop so I have a receipt along with the package weight when USPS took possession of it. I have never had one of those fail to show up in the eBay link. What I have had happen is the eBay link fail to show progress as the package moves through the system including final delivery while the USPS tracking site showed the entire audit trail. There is something broke in the eBay upload link that causes issues at times but it is sporadic. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Defect ratings

@foster9 

There have been a number of posts concerning a problem with shipping defects on the Memorial Day holiday this year. If your defects are included, keep an eye on these threads. There are probably more threads about the issue, but these two have tagged Community Team employees.

Apologies if your specific defects were not involved in this apparent glitch.

WHERE is the Annoucnement on the Memorial Day Tracking upload GLITCH????? 

Post office was closed on Monday May 31, but eBay has penalized me for "non-uploaded" shipments 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Defect ratings

I had same problem so I called the Help Desk.    They were very helpful and said they had many calls about the same problem.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Defect ratings

@foster9 

@caldreamer 

@dbfolks166mt 

@dnasilver 

Excellent post by @eleanor*rigby .  There are several threads on this - see Technical Glitch board, questions on Mentor board, for example.  My suggestion would be to check your Seller Dashboard and see what the dates were for items showing no tracking uploaded at all or not on time.  IT is already working on the glitch affecting 5/30 and 5/31 items.  BUT unless they get it fixed before 6/20, it will affect our evaluations for the current cycle.  If you do have items dated 5/30 and 5/31 being affected by this,  I would also suggest going to the eBay for Business Facebook page and sending them a message.  They will get back to you quickly and get your account added to the ever-growing list of those affected.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply