cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer wants refund for delivered package

Package was shipped and delivered via USPS Priority. Tracking number shows that it was delivered on April 24th, and this request came in today, 5/9. The buyer states that he "needs proof of delivery, or, if that's not possible, a refund". 

What's the proper stance on this one? I feel like I did my part, and it's been two weeks since it was delivered.  At the very least, they should be in contact with their carrier. Am I wrong?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Customer wants refund for delivered package

If this is an "opened" item not received case PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enter the delivered tracking number to the case.  This is one time that eBay will will cover you & find in your favor.  Take advantage of it.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Customer wants refund for delivered package

This may be a buyer that knows their rights on Ebay.  So be careful.  How much did your buyer pay you for the item?  IF the buyer paid $750+ for the item and shipping, as a seller you are required to have signature confirmation on the delivery.

But anything lower than that it is not required.  So if it was below that threshold, just inform your buyer politely and respectfully that the tracking shows delivered, which is what Ebay requires.  If they need further information, they can contact their local PO, give them the tracking number and they would likely be able to give them additional info, like the exact address delivered to.  PO tracks all that as well as they take pics of the package along their travels.

Signature confirmation thresholds

eBay site

Transaction currency threshold

eBay.com
eBay.ca
eBay.com.au

$750

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/signature-confirmationpolicy?id=5154

Just be kind.  Give them the info again, nicely, professionally.  Give them this information if you want.

If a buyer reports that an item hasn't been received

If you ship your item within your stated handling time and provide tracking information to the buyer before you or the buyer asks us to step in and help with a request, you're protected.

You will be fine as long as the item was under $750.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 17
latest reply