cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious observation on buyer activity log.

I have a potential buyer that has been blocked 257 times on my buyer activity log.  Yes, that's 247 times between May 4th and yesterday.  One day had over thirty tries.

This ID shows registered in the US since 2007 with private feedback (706).   The block is for countries to which I don't ship. 

I did not think I had the setting set to block communication with blocked buyers, but honestly, I couldn't find that setting to know for sure.   I wondered why they never emailed me.

I noticed this buyer block early on when they had tried about 25 times and called ebay to see if my listing was messed up.  They didn't see any reason why the buyer was blocked and told me to contact them to see if they still wanted the item.  I didn't try to contact them at that time, and now I feel they might be really angry so don't know what to do, if anything.

BTW--the item in question is not a high demand or rare item, it's a bed sheet.   Anyone else have blocks happening that seem strange?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Curious observation on buyer activity log.

What country does the FB page show for the ID?

They can see what countries you do not ship to, so I would not be real concerned about contact.

Do you really want them as a buyer?

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@starroute-us wrote:

What country does the FB page show for the ID?

They can see what countries you do not ship to, so I would not be real concerned about contact.

Do you really want them as a buyer?

It shows member since May 12 2007 in United States.

I'm uneasy contacting them now, but my curiosity is high as to why they are blocked and why they would try that many times to buy this sheet.  I need sales and don't want buyers blocked for wrong reasons.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Bizarre. Makes no sense if they are registered in the US. 

It's a low end bed sheet though. I wonder how you could sell to them anyway and get around the block. Although you can't see their feedback left which is annoying. 

You could put it on auction for them. Most block issues go away with auction bidding. 

Hi star! 🙂 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Hi @ersatz_sobriquet

Waving:)

Maybe they have a different addy set up as "primary ship to" on their setting (ebay preferences)

I would think they would contact seller if they really want to buy after that many attempts.  That a lot of tries.

Also private FB, umm..... I unlock if I am bidding on anything with this posting ID, just incase the seller wants to take a look.  Other accounts I buy with I never block.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

247 tries is a bit nutsy. That must have taken...hours? Weird! 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Are there rubies and emerald hidden inside the bed sheet? 250 attempts is very excessive.

I'd let this one slide, but FWIW I've seen a few others post about their buyer blocks not working properly. Some buyers are being blocked that don't meet the seller's set criteria.

Check the list each week to see if anything new jumps out and deal with it as it comes up.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@badwolf12 wrote:

Are there rubies and emerald hidden inside the bed sheet? 250 attempts is very excessive.

Maybe that's the answer!!   I think I'd better take another look at that sheet.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Two or three tries is normal.  257 is not normal. It sounds extremely obsessive to me, especially for something as commonplace as a sheet. Do you really want to deal with someone that obsessive?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I have a potential buyer that has been blocked 257 times on my buyer activity log.  Yes, that's 247 times between May 4th and yesterday.  One day had over thirty tries.

This ID shows registered in the US since 2007 with private feedback (706).   The block is for countries to which I don't ship. 

I did not think I had the setting set to block communication with blocked buyers, but honestly, I couldn't find that setting to know for sure.   I wondered why they never emailed me.

I noticed this buyer block early on when they had tried about 25 times and called ebay to see if my listing was messed up.  They didn't see any reason why the buyer was blocked and told me to contact them to see if they still wanted the item.  I didn't try to contact them at that time, and now I feel they might be really angry so don't know what to do, if anything.

BTW--the item in question is not a high demand or rare item, it's a bed sheet.   Anyone else have blocks happening that seem strange?

Wow, that's a lot of attempts.   I had no idea you could see the User IDs of the people on the buyer activity log.    I only see the item #'s and the dates.   How can I see their IDs?  

Thanks.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

Wow, that's a lot of attempts.   I had no idea you could see the User IDs of the people on the buyer activity log.    I only see the item #'s and the dates.   How can I see their IDs?  

Thanks.

It depends on the reason for the block.

Buyer's blocked based on location you can access the UserID.

Buyers blocked for UPIs have their ID kept private.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@badwolf12 wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

Thanks.

It depends on the reason for the block.

Buyer's blocked based on location you can access the UserID.

Buyers blocked for UPIs have their ID kept private.

Ohhhh .... I see.  Thanks!! 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I don't think fern wants this person as a customer; just wants to know wth the person keeps trying to buy a sheet.

Although, I have tried more than a few times* since Saturday night to pay a $46.51 auction invoice and my payment won't go through and I'm repeatedly told I have to use wire transfer for any item over $5,000.  I paid about 4 invoices from the same auction house in a period of 30 minutes but somehow this one glitched me.   Didn't stop me from over and over clicking "Pay Now", though.  grinning

*not 247 times

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I definitely need buyers and usually will overlook things that others would cry scam about, but this one is just so strange.    I'm wondering how much longer they will continue trying to buy that plain white sheet.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I just clicked to adjust one of my shipping policies about 50 times, no luck fixing it though, ebay won't let me. Does that count? Ebay glitches are nutsy, can drive a person a bit nutsy trying over and over to fix them. Gr......

Message 15 of 20
latest reply