cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Listing

morning,

We are new to eBay selling, and I had a quick question about cross listing. What are the rules if you make a counter offer.  Do you need to not sell to anybody who chooses buy it now before the counter offer is accepted or rejected? And specifically, if I did a counter offer on some thing on a different platform, do I have to take it off of eBay while I wait for them to decide? So sorry if this question is convoluted But I just can’t wrap my brain around it. Thank you for your help! 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Cross Listing

You can accept or decline offers, if a buyer comes along and buys with buy it now, any offers will end. 
By the way cross listing and offers are two different things. 
Cross-listing means listing the same products across multiple platforms.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Cross Listing

Think of it this way. 

When you list something here, it is EXPECTED to be there when a buyer buys. 

If you have it listed elsewhere and sell it, you best MAKE sure you remove it from ebay and HOPE someone doesn't hit 'buy it now' between the time you sell elsewhere and get to the listing to end it.

Regarding 'offers' if there is an 'offer' pending (buyer hasn't 'grabbed it) and it sells Buy It Now- it BELONGS to the Buy It Now customer. Period.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Cross Listing

You should sell to the first user to pay for your item. If a BIN user comes in, let it fly... even if you have offers out.

Selling in two venues means to keep your tap shoes on. If it's all on eBay, you can do as I've suggested... if there's an offer out on another site, I'd have to read up on what that site allows and/or frowns on.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Cross Listing

Basically, whoever pays/buys it first gets the item whether it was via an outstanding offer, on another platform (cross-listed) or a buy-it-now purchase.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Cross Listing

@santabarbarapickers wrote:

morning,

We are new to eBay selling, and I had a quick question about cross listing. What are the rules if you make a counter offer.  Do you need to not sell to anybody who chooses buy it now before the counter offer is accepted or rejected? And specifically, if I did a counter offer on some thing on a different platform, do I have to take it off of eBay while I wait for them to decide? So sorry if this question is convoluted But I just can’t wrap my brain around it. Thank you for your help! 

As far as eBay is concerned, if an item is offered for sale on eBay, and a buyer buys it, then eBay expects the seller to sell it to the eBay buyer. eBay doesn't care if the item was sold on another platform first, or not. It doesn't matter if there were offers, counter offers or buy it now. If a buyer buys the item on eBay, then eBay expects you to sell it to the eBay buyer.

Most other platforms are going to have the same policy in place, so cross-listing an item on more than one platform carries a risk. It's up to you how you manage that risk.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply