cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create White Background Listing

I just started using this app for mobile devices that like photoshop still learning how to use it. I know i messed up probably! If there a easy way to have white background or black though for mobiles devices. Here A Sample What I Did! Lol. It Actually White 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Create White Background Listing

@behixso_62wrote:

I just started using this app

First off which one is 'this' one?  Have you checked for any Help pages from whoever wrote it?

That said, I don't care for white backgrounds.  They look too manipulated.  I want to see soemthing that shows the seller HAS the item and is not using stock images.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Although I give you credit for wanting to try to make better pictures, you really need to address your listings.  (I only looked because I wanted to see why you wanted white/black backgrounds)

You have a ton of items listed as New Other (NWOT)- and it's quite clear they aren't.   Many of those items are obviously worn.  Some have visible stains.  All are a wrinkled mess so even if they were genuinely NWOT I wouldn't believe you.

Better pictures can help improve sale, but you need a better presentation too.

You really need to use an iron or a steamer. 

Having a consistant background can really help too.  Get your items off the bed, floor, couch.  You can use foamboard for smaller items.  For your cothing, you can use a white sheet (unwrinkled)

Your descriptions lack measurements.

Are you really trying to sell that used toothbrush????  That's so very unappealing as a whole.  Used ear buds?  And then a busted up frying pan?  Those things need to go into the trash.  They're bringing your other items down.  Oh... and then we have mice bait and used roach killer?  

The wrinkly clothes were a turn off.  The used toothbrush was beyond disgusting.   The pest control cinched it.   

As pickers, we'll get dirty and sort through nasty to find the hidden gems, but my buyer will only see the sparkle.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I only ask for white or black because i started buying new items! Also Some Of The Used One Had Offer Was Just Low!

Only The Wisers Can Decide
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Nothing wrong with used items.  Parts of my house are furnished with great auction finds.  It's also what I predominently sell.  It's about presentation and appeal... and what's going to make that buyer feel confident buying my used items.    

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

That's an interesting approach. 

Is it that app that gives the illusion you have invented stealth pants with the somewhat invisible edges and varying material weave?   

If you increased the percentage of the gray in the checkerboard pattern when you use it where really good, detailed pictures are needed,  a high contrast busy background pattern will help disguise defects.

A white only background conveys an excellent impression the items listed are the not the actual items you're selling. It looks more like the pictures were boosted from the manufacturer's site or from any number of Chinese mongers .

All in all, my opinion is this app will be a benefit in sales prevention.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@behixso_62

Sounds/looks like to me like you need to adjust the settings in the app you're using.  

Usually, a grey and white checkerboard pattern like that on a photo/image indicates "transparent color" in that area.

In other words, if you were to place that photo on a red background within a document or photo editing program, the checkerboard pattern would disappear and all you would see is your item layered on top of a red background.

Try looking to see if the app has the ability to change the background from "transparent" to "white."  If not, you could also try placing your image on top of a white background in a photo editing program to  see if that works.  If so, then save the layered file as your image.

HTH

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

You really need to not list underwear as new with defects and say they have been worn.  

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

The correct spelling is solder pencil, not sodder pencil.

I agree with lintbrush*. You need to work on your listings as metioned in her post.

Most of your clothing items look like you slept in them then took the pics. That's a turn off for many buyers.

I am curious why anyone would want an empty plastic pork rind container.

If you need a white background you can go to any craft store and get a sheet of white foam core.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

The frying pan and pork rinds canister (not to mention the prices - sheesh) just convinced me there really are people who think you can sell ANYthing.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@fern*woodwrote:

You really need to not list underwear as new with defects and say they have been worn.  

Used clothing (except underwear and socks) can be listed on eBay with restrictions.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

JMO of course, but looking at the photo actually made me a bit dizzy.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply