cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus - Are your sales up, down, or no change?

I'd like to understand how this virus situation is affecting ebay sales generally. I want to see what's happening, figure out what to expect, and survive this thing as a seller. Generally, are people buying on ebay more, less, or no change?

So, are your sales up, down, no change? To what do you attribute it to, if anything?

I'll start. My sales are up significantly the past week or so. I sell things that are not at all related to health or the coronavirus. However, there could be other reasons for the uptick. I got sick a year ago and didn't ship a bunch of orders, and that blew my top seller status and ebay handicapped my listings for a year. I just got top rated seller status back, and that could explain the sales increase.

Message 1 of 512
latest reply
511 REPLIES 511

Re: Coronavirus - Are your sales up, down, or no change?

Order your supplies online for free at USPS.com and you can arrange for pickups as long as you have a printer
Message 376 of 512
latest reply

My sales have gone flat. I am selling travel related items like backpacks, so little wonder. There has been a lockdown in my state so thrift stores and yard sales aren’t operating so my source of supply has disappeared. I will be closing my eBay store at the end of the month.
Message 377 of 512
latest reply

Backpacks...you may try slanting the description to the prepper crowd...backpacks make excellent 'go bags'. People keep one by the door and one in their vehicles.
Message 378 of 512
latest reply

Dear all,

Coronavirus - My sales were down in this case from March 2020. I do not know what is the resonance.

Thank you
Message 379 of 512
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:
Backpacks...you may try slanting the description to the prepper crowd...backpacks make excellent 'go bags'. People keep one by the door and one in their vehicles.

Good idea, even though with a contagious virus I'm not sure where exactly you'd "go".

Message 380 of 512
latest reply

@bar-29368 wrote:

@moondogblues wrote:

Good idea, even though with a contagious virus I'm not sure where exactly you'd "go".

But preppers are ALWAYS ready. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 381 of 512
latest reply

maybe but can you outrun a virus?
Message 382 of 512
latest reply

bar...I'm in earthquake country so operating with that sort of mind set, but I guess the 'zombie apocolypse' (sp) could be referenced. Lol, kind of kidding, but hordes of people coming from the cities to the country has crossed my mind already. A backpack full of food and a way out the back door...well you get the drift. Sigh, I watch to many end of the world movies. Used to be a horror writer too. My brain just works like that.
Message 383 of 512
latest reply

Sales are down at this point but I don't have a lot of history to begin with.  It was on a steady uptake but then all of sudden it just dropped off.  

Message 384 of 512
latest reply

Down for sure.  But I usually sell Woman's clothing.  

Wondering about going thru stock for jackets or Nike or Under armour that may be related to going outside.

Also wondering if books are currently selling - - Is anyone having success with items that can be used during spare time for families.  Mary Jo    BargainHunter 920

Or for 

Message 385 of 512
latest reply

Right now millions of people are newly unemployed, or afraid of becoming unemployed soon so that are not spending money.   However I would expect that things might pick up when those $1200/ person checks and $600 weekly on top of regular unemployment benefits starts arriving on a few weeks.   Many people will be responsible and bank the  money, but there are a lot of others, especially the ones making more on unemployment than they were working, that will feel suddenly rich and probably start spending on things that are not necessities again.   My 20-something next door neighbor who is still working at his IT job was telling me over the fence the other day that he is considering buying a $30,000 play toy off road vehicle because his friend just bought one and he wants one too.

Message 386 of 512
latest reply

I honestly don't "get" the logic behind giving UE benefits plus $600 a week f they were earning less than that in the first place. Maybe temporarily making UE benefits equal to your prior FT earnings would have been a wiser choice?
Message 387 of 512
latest reply

Yeah and I don’t understand corporate bailouts either...they don’t manage their money very well.

Message 389 of 512
latest reply

yes, not only are my sales volumes down but my margins are taking a hit too.  winning prices and best offer are low which cut into the draw of offering free shipping.  i've too taken a loss on some sales. 

But the biggest indicator in the last 2 weeks is views and watchers.  way down unless you sell TP or lysol.  hopefully everyone gets back to work sooner and those who lost jobs can get them back.  Stay safe everyone. 

Message 390 of 512
latest reply