cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming Soon Required Specifics for Records

Has anyone noticed that sells 7-Inch Singles, the "Duration" in Item Specifics has been changed to "LP".

Also, "Coming Soon Required Specifics" are asking to list an "Album Name" for a 7-Inch Single.

If someone has stared this thread already, please clue me in.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Coming Soon Required Specifics for Records

Has anyone noticed that sells 7-Inch Singles, the "Duration" in Item Specifics has been changed to "LP"

No. On mine the "Record Size" is still 7", the "Duration" is still "single", and the "Speed" is still "45 PRM".

Also, "Coming Soon Required Specifics" are asking to list an "Album Name" for a 7-Inch Single.

I did notice that. I'm ignoring it and hoping they fix it. Otherwise, I will just copy my "Title" item specific into it.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I ran into some nonsensical item specifics a few days ago and just inserted "huh?" as my response.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'm there with you watching the item specifics devolve into a mass of nonsense, I guess trying to combine multiple sets of item specifics for LPs, 45s, CDs, various tape formats, etc etc into one general item specifics attribute program for all formats is causing this problem. Overall this is probably a good idea, but the implementation could have been better thought out, possibly beta tested - certainly not rolling out the changes in such a way that makes us revisit the same listings over and over.  I remember the days when trying to list item specifics, eBay did not provide for the TITLE detail or include important music categories in their GENRE & STYLE drop down boxes. Now they want redundant aspects included in a listing while they still miss more important specifics. You have to wonder who designates and designs these work flows, probably someone with a passing familiarity with Best Buys CD rack merchandising, but certainly not a record collector or someone current in today's music business. It's all very disheartening. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply