cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

Message 1 of 1,018
latest reply
1,017 REPLIES 1,017

Re: Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Though I thought eBay was safe, and that they had abandon this test... these postings clearly show that eBay is not a safe place to do business at (buying or selling).

Next venue....

(any suggestions?) 

Message 841 of 1,018
latest reply

The test is not over, sorry to say.

They've been applying it to members at random, so while you may not be forcibly opted in at the moment, others are forcibly opted in (like me right now).

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 842 of 1,018
latest reply

I don't use IE, because it doesn't work as well as say, Chrome.  One would have to assume that because it doesn't work well, that THAT would be the ultimate choice for ebay to work with, now wouldn't one?  How fitting.......

"WE have you "protected"..."
Message 843 of 1,018
latest reply

In my listings where the item condition is I am stating this ~

Condition:Seller Notes:

Used : Split the cost with friends
See item description. If you see a "See full item description" tab & you cannot see my description without clicking on the tab which opens a pop-up with my description & pictures then delete all of your eBay cookies from your browser and that should cure the problem as it is happening on every listing you are looking at.

I do not see the tab anymore since I deleted the eBay cookies. so I am hoping enough of this shows. I have moved all of my fixed proce listings to Etsy and am only doing a couple of auctions a week until I find out if this is discontinued.

Message 844 of 1,018
latest reply

.... As eBay is altering descriptions at random, knowing WHEN (if) they stop will be problematic.
Message 845 of 1,018
latest reply

I'm a buyer only, and this morning that's how my ebay came up.  Now I have to click to see the full description.  I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL.  

Next to it there's a box "tell us what you think".  I click on that and it's an empty white screen with no way to tell them what I think.

EBAY, here is what I think:  This stinks.  A more complicated way to do my shopping is NOT an improvement.

Put it back. 

In fact, I don't like the extra clicks when I want to ask a question either (added long ago).  Put that back too.  Pretty please.

Message 846 of 1,018
latest reply

@tealshoppingdog wrote:

I'm a buyer only, and this morning that's how my ebay came up.  Now I have to click to see the full description.  I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL.  

Next to it there's a box "tell us what you think".  I click on that and it's an empty white screen with no way to tell them what I think.

EBAY, here is what I think:  This stinks.  A more complicated way to do my shopping is NOT an improvement.

Put it back. 

In fact, I don't like the extra clicks when I want to ask a question either (added long ago).  Put that back too.  Pretty please.

I too get the blank white box. They can't even get the "Tell us what you think" right, how can I trust them to get my listing right?

Message 847 of 1,018
latest reply

@tealshoppingdog wrote:

Put it back. 

Suggestion -- At the bottom of the page ... there should be the standard "Tell us what you think" link. Make sure you identify the issue ("Sucky link to view what I should already be seeing"... or similar words of you choosing) and then tell them WHY -- (Ex: I click the item to see the description, not to see a link to see a description. If you want the page to load faster, get rid of the un-wanted advertisements).  If you want to add an optional "The moron that though of this should be fired" ... That might be good too.

Message 848 of 1,018
latest reply

@bomarc wrote:

Suggestion -- At the bottom of the page ... there should be the standard "Tell us what you think" link. Make sure you identify the issue ("Sucky link to view what I should already be seeing"... or similar words of you choosing) and then tell them WHY -- (Ex: I click the item to see the description, not to see a link to see a description. If you want the page to load faster, get rid of the un-wanted advertisements).  If you want to add an optional "The moron that though of this should be fired" ... That might be good too.

Pretty sure this is what eBay thinks of  sellers "suggestions and thoughts"

business-commerce-suggestions_box-suggestion-bin-trash-rubbish-jman122_low.jpg

Message 849 of 1,018
latest reply

... Why do you think the "tell us what you think" is broken? 🙂 EBAY DOES NOT WANT FEEDBACK.
Message 850 of 1,018
latest reply

The complaints about this atrocity have really slowed down. A few users posted that at the very least ebay could add a couple lines to the "link" button. Now I read somewhere that ebay has added a line or two of the description on the "click here for description" link/button.

I'll be very surprised if they don't take these two things together and come up with their old standby "you asked and we listened".

Message 851 of 1,018
latest reply

@tealshoppingdog wrote:

Put it back. 

When the box pops up and it's jut white, you've gotta give it a little time to load....ya know, it's ebay

Message 852 of 1,018
latest reply

Actually ... they didn't listen: They didn't fire the moron that thought of this *BAD* idea.
Message 853 of 1,018
latest reply

@circa1901 wrote:

The complaints about this atrocity have really slowed down. A few users posted that at the very least ebay could add a couple lines to the "link" button. Now I read somewhere that ebay has added a line or two of the description on the "click here for description" link/button.

I'll be very surprised if they don't take these two things together and come up with their old standby "you asked and we listened".

More like "Good News! You hated it, we implemented it!"

ATTENTION all bidders/buyers/lookers. If you think the "click to see full description" is a terrible idea, there is a ask the seller a question spot at the bottom of the page. Ask the seller why you have to click to see the description. That gives the seller a chance to slap eBay. Tell eBay what you think about this idea. Probably won't do any good, but at least it gives all us disgusted sellers a chance to vent where it can be seen.

Message 855 of 1,018
latest reply