cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

Message 1 of 1,018
latest reply
1,017 REPLIES 1,017

@clsseller wrote:

ATTENTION all bidders/buyers/lookers. If you think the "click to see full description" is a terrible idea, there is a ask the seller a question spot at the bottom of the page. Ask the seller why you have to click to see the description. That gives the seller a chance to slap eBay. Tell eBay what you think about this idea. Probably won't do any good, but at least it gives all us disgusted sellers a chance to vent where it can be seen.

Ebay doesn't care about sellers input.

FINALLY after sending Tell Us What You Think comments EVERY DAY since this was atrocity was implemented, I am seeing the description on the initial listing page instead of the See Full Item Description button.  I'm wondering if the test phase is over and they decided not to implement or if they just moved it to a different test group of users.

Sometimes I think the people who come up with these designs have never sold on eBay themselves!  All that change could ever do is set up sellers for negative feedback from buyers who never saw the item description.

Message 857 of 1,018
latest reply

@csbbct wrote:
I'm wondering if the test phase is over and they decided not to implement or if they just moved it to a different test group of users.

On Wednesday Jeff said the test was still in effect. I seriously doubt ebay will announce when it's over, they didn't announce it when it started.

I imagine this will become a done deal and will be announced in the spring update.

Message 858 of 1,018
latest reply

@bomarc wrote:

Suggestion -- At the bottom of the page ... there should be the standard "Tell us what you think" link. Make sure you identify the issue ("Sucky link to view what I should already be seeing"... or similar words of you choosing) and then tell them WHY -- (Ex: I click the item to see the description, not to see a link to see a description. If you want the page to load faster, get rid of the un-wanted advertisements).  If you want to add an optional "The moron that though of this should be fired" ... That might be good too.

Thanks for suggestion to send msg to eBay at very bottom of page.   I sent eBay a msg.  Bomarc, your comments made me laugh & are so true!  

However comments I gave were directed to eBay about how they are losing money. For example, how this is driving away buyers who are frustrated by having to click an extra link & don't like pop-up windows.  Also how the purchases made by a buyer who did not see full description (which is eBay's fault) might file SNAD claims.  This hurts sellers more, which will result in more sellers leaving eBay, or sellers not selling as many items here.  Bottom line is return also hurts eBay's bottom line & especially if it is eBay's fault for adding this button hiding the full description - buyers will not trust eBay as a safe place to buy.  

Of course say whatever you want, the more negative comments eBay gets about the "click here" button, the more likely they will stop this testing. 

I really feel bad for all the sellers  who get hurt by this stupid idea eBay is "testing" & without any warning.  Especially the ones who depend on eBay sales for their sole or large part of income to live on.

One post said delete all eBay cookies & I thought I figured out how to do that & deleted them.  However after I closed & repopened a new browser I still saw the click here button.  I still had a separate browser open for this discussion, so maybe I need to close all browsers before I see a change.

This was such an old post I started a different one about the link not working "to tell us what you think" before seeing all the comments here that the same blank screen is happening to others.  

Message 859 of 1,018
latest reply

I dont like what they have done! Why cant they just leave it alone it was working fine the way it was. The tell us what you think button on my screen doesnt work wont take me anywhere. I didnt ask for this and I dont like it! Needs to be put back the way it was. It wasnt broke didnt need fixed but it sucks now.....What do you do?

Message 860 of 1,018
latest reply

On every listing I've been clicking on the "Tell us what you think" link that opens a pop-up for your opinion on "click for description"  with the options of

• Like it
  • It's OK
  • Don't like it

And the form provides for comments.

Each time I select Don't like it and write in different comments each time such as

• Bad, bad, really bad idea
  • Worst thing you have ever done to eBay
  • Makes your slow website even slower
  • Makes shopping on your website much more difficult

As long as eBay provides this direct opinion option for "click for description" feature please continue to flame them with negative feedback.

Message 861 of 1,018
latest reply

I agree. The fact they're "tweaking' this is very telling and imho this whole "test' thing is just an inept charade.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 862 of 1,018
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:

I agree. The fact they're "tweaking' this is very telling and imho this whole "test' thing is just an inept charade.

Crusader Cat is watching
Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy
"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

..... You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Are you trying to say that hiding a description that I'm trying to view is somehow good? That I should change? How can I change to make this work? Please ... describe how you think this is a good idea (rather than repeat the same lines over and over)

Have you ever sold an item on eBay? Have you ever *LOOKED* at a description of an item on eBay?  Have you looked at an image and an item at the same time?  If you have --- then you would know that this is a BAD idea.

Message 863 of 1,018
latest reply

@bomarc wrote:

@ymeagainlord wrote:

I agree. The fact they're "tweaking' this is very telling andimho this whole "test' thing is just an inept charade.

Crusader Cat is watching

..... You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Are you trying to say that hiding a description that I'm trying to view is somehow good? That I should change? How can I change to make this work? Please ... describe how you think this is a good idea (rather than repeat the same lines over and over)

Have you ever sold an item on eBay? Have you ever *LOOKED* at a description of an item on eBay?  Have you looked at an image and an item at the same time?  If you have --- then you would know that this is a BAD idea.

What word are you referring to? Test? Tweak?  Why would you think the poster you quoted said it was a good thing? Where or how did they say that? It's blatently clear no one on this thread thinks this is a "good" idea. Have you read the entire thread?

Message 864 of 1,018
latest reply

@bomarc wrote:

@ymeagainlord wrote:

Crusader Cat is watching

The fact they're "tweaking' this is very telling and imho this whole "test' thing is just an inept charade.

I take that to mean that they do not believe ebay when they say it's a test, that it's here to stay and they are just fine tuning it while live testing it.

Crusader Cat is watching
That is the posters signature, it appears at the bottom of their posts.
Message 865 of 1,018
latest reply

My bad ... I didn't see that as a sig.

Back to our regularlly scheduled ''please DO NOT MESS with a system that works'' request(s).
Message 866 of 1,018
latest reply

Well. I'm glad that was cleared up (whatever it was)

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 867 of 1,018
latest reply

no, also on a desk top
Message 868 of 1,018
latest reply

Mine just happed today, I called e-bay and was told this is a new change that e-bay is doing to all listings. I dont like it, we all know it has to be as easy as possible for buyer, and also what I saw was other products simular to mine from other sellers scrolling across the bottom of my listing! It draws a potential buyer away to see other products and they will probalby never find thier way back to my store. Bad change!!

Message 869 of 1,018
latest reply

Interesting that posters have been told it's 'just a test' and yet CSR is saying it's a "change'...

Can eBay tell the truth about ANYthing?

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 870 of 1,018
latest reply