cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your Gallery Plus Settings on your GTC

I never use that feature, however I did a sell similar on an item and noticed that the gallery plus was checked. It was a GTC listing that was coming up for renewal today. I went back and found more than half of the renewals had this field checked.

Easily enough to do a full edit on everything to ensure that field was unchecked. I know 100% I didn't put that there. I have never used it and I never will. 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Check your Gallery Plus Settings on your GTC

brian@ebay wrote:

@dasarock wrote:

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

It's quite shameful of ebay that we have to check listings for fees check boxes on our listings that we never chose. 

yes it is.  you can bulk edit remove gallery plus from all listings; however, if you use gallery plus on some listings you are stuck opening each individual listing to check.  extremely time resource intensive.  

maybe the way to fix is add a gallery plus check box on active listings that can be edited?

brian@ebay   ... could this be done?

Hi @dasarock, I'm not sure if this can/will be added, but I'm happy to pass along the suggestion.

I want to give more clarity about Gallery Plus. As @moo*cow*corner mentioned, this listing upgrade is free in some categories (Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques) and as such is added automatically to listings within those categories. If a Relist or Sell Similar is done from a listing in one of those categories then the Gallery Plus upgrade will carry over to the relisted/sell similar listing, even if the category is changed during this process. It's likely that this is how Gallery Plus ended up on some listings. A breakdown of fees are displayed at the bottom of the Sell Your Item form prior to listing an item. Reviewing these fees before listing an item will inform sellers about any fees associated with the listing.

while this may be 'how' and is possible, the fact remains that sellers need an easy way to check/verify/change these settings.  adding the column and making it editable for 'gallery plus' is a very easy and simple coding fix.  the only reason that ebay would 'not' add this fix is because they like their money too much and 'do not wish to make correcting this issue EASY for sellers.'  in which case it would result in "another issue of ebay not caring for the sellers and milking sellers for every $1 they can get.  A Guaranteed Money Maker for eBay and another way ebay gains and seller loses with GTC every time these listings relist.  try looking at every listing the anchor stores have and locate just how many of the listings have a 'gallery plus' tagged that the sellers are not aware of.  then identify how long it takes said sellers to edit the 'gallery plus' out of those listings.  since 'gallery plus' is being added sporadically during edits and GTC relists ... the seller right now has NO idea if and how much they are paying in gallery plus fees until they look at invoice time, which could change again at the NEXT RELIST / EDIT without the seller knowing.

This is an Issue That Needs the Method of Identifying, Editing & Correcting Listings in Mass ... that Adding Editable Column To Identify/Edit/Correct on Manage Active Listings Pages Would Fix!  easy and quick coding fix as any coder would acknowledge.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@this*old*attic wrote:

Thanks!

just remember to sync listings again after gtc relists and check again and correct if gallery plus was added again ... or if you don't use gallery plus, just edit multiple listings to remove in mass'

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Then there's the upgrade fee for Listing Designer (no longer supported and no way through ebay listing forms to remove it) which seems to get turned off and then sporadically appears on an invoice again.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
Ahem - but there is no such amount to check when GTC listings roll over is there?

after GTC rolls over, any gallery plus and listing designer fees will show up on the invoice page ... click the "fees" section at bottom of the top box and it will display any and all fees that the GTC relist charged.  if you find listing designer and gallery plus fees that you did not authorize change the individual listings by right clicking the link and opening in a new window, in the fees section and then select the edit listing in top left of listing, then edit.  after all this could you give us a count here of BOTH types of fees and number of ea?

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

.... in addition, after all said and done, call ebay c/s rep and have them transfer you to someone who can credit the fees back to your account since they were erroneous to start with.
Message 20 of 24
latest reply

As my post said, with Listing Designer there IS no way to remove it - not through ebay anyway.

The only way I found was to do it through Turbo Lister.
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

As my post said, with Listing Designer there IS no way to remove it - not through ebay anyway.

The only way I found was to do it through Turbo Lister.

i know, but if it is no longer available, and you are still being charged, you need to remove it before ebay will credit the fees back.  

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Yeah. I'm not as TG I only used it on one ID and I used Turbo to get rid of them all back when the Hub first started.
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Yeah. I'm not as TG I only used it on one ID and I used Turbo to get rid of them all back when the Hub first started.

i hear you, but you still need to check before ea gtc rollover.  there is some indication that gtc listings roll over with the 'original' listing settings, i.e., original posting date.  with ebay, it would not be too much of a stretch to imagine them rolling over the original fees associated, or putting same fees back in.  bryan.t@ebay already stated that any fees in the listing at rollover carry over. 

ebay has lost my trust in their implementation and intentions and yes, i believe they would put the original fees back in, since that is the way you initially listed, so they could make a $buck$. 

also there was someone else on one of these threads recentlly who said that ebay just charged him for fees he had edited out, even tho they were in the original listing.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply