cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your Gallery Plus Settings on your GTC

I never use that feature, however I did a sell similar on an item and noticed that the gallery plus was checked. It was a GTC listing that was coming up for renewal today. I went back and found more than half of the renewals had this field checked.

Easily enough to do a full edit on everything to ensure that field was unchecked. I know 100% I didn't put that there. I have never used it and I never will. 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Were you charged for using this feature? Be sure to check your invoice (seller account) and ask for credits if necessary. Listing form extra fee "gotchas" happen from time to time, and sometimes sellers do not notice the extra charges until they get their artificially inflated monthly invoice.

I use Gallery Plus all the time, but nearly all of my listings are in categories where it's free.

Free for listings in the Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques categories

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

... is funny that you mention this.  on the 17th or so i did a bulk edit category change.  then went back to seller's hub and noted a $55 uninvoiced balance.  immediately looked...all 55 items i did bulk edit on (in ebay motors categories) now had gallery+ fees.   (I Never Use The Add-On's Due to the Fees!)

i immediately removed them all and called c/s...several transfers later ... found a rep who reversed the fees with a credit instead of just removing the fees which shouldn't have been there to start with  am waiting to see if the fees show up again on next invoice,

i was told this was a glitch.  i doubt it's a glitch as ALL of the glitches seem to benefit ebay monetarily.  maybe it's a by design Intentional Glitch ... not the same thing as a Glitch.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

I can see that happening with a bulk edit and category changes.

But--- if it's happening with GTC automatic rollovers, that's a Level 10 especially extra-evil glitch! Oh, happy day!

I guess keeping an eye on your uninvoiced balance on the Hub summary overview page might need to become more of a habit than in the past. That's about the only way I can think of that would help catch it early.
Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

@rograc-37 wrote:

I never use that feature, however I did a sell similar on an item and noticed that the gallery plus was checked. It was a GTC listing that was coming up for renewal today. I went back and found more than half of the renewals had this field checked.

Easily enough to do a full edit on everything to ensure that field was unchecked. I know 100% I didn't put that there. I have never used it and I never will. 

This has been going on for well over a year now. We have to check our invoice to make sure it wasn't turned on randomly.

Best thing to do is check the monthly invoices.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

@zamo-zuan wrote:

@rograc-37 wrote:

This has been going on for well over a year now. We have to check our invoice to make sure it wasn't turned on randomly.

Best thing to do is check the monthly invoices.

you also need to check right before the GTC's renew if you don't want the fee, just to be safe.  if it's turned on that's another $1 per listing ebay gets, by hook or swindle, or intentional; if you have never used the gallery plus and didn't turn it on yourself.  i put nothing past ebay anymore

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

It's quite shameful of ebay that we have to check listings for fees check boxes on our listings that we never chose. 

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

It's quite shameful of ebay that we have to check listings for fees check boxes on our listings that we never chose. 

yes it is.  you can bulk edit remove gallery plus from all listings; however, if you use gallery plus on some listings you are stuck opening each individual listing to check.  extremely time resource intensive.  

maybe the way to fix is add a gallery plus check box on active listings that can be edited?

brian@ebay   ... could this be done?

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

@dasarock wrote:

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

yes it is.  you can bulk edit remove gallery plus from all listings; however, if you use gallery plus on some listings you are stuck opening each individual listing to check.  extremely time resource intensive.  

maybe the way to fix is add a gallery plus check box on active listings that can be edited?

brian@ebay   ... could this be done?

Hi @dasarock, I'm not sure if this can/will be added, but I'm happy to pass along the suggestion.

I want to give more clarity about Gallery Plus. As @moo*cow*corner mentioned, this listing upgrade is free in some categories (Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques) and as such is added automatically to listings within those categories. If a Relist or Sell Similar is done from a listing in one of those categories then the Gallery Plus upgrade will carry over to the relisted/sell similar listing, even if the category is changed during this process. It's likely that this is how Gallery Plus ended up on some listings. A breakdown of fees are displayed at the bottom of the Sell Your Item form prior to listing an item. Reviewing these fees before listing an item will inform sellers about any fees associated with the listing.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Ahem - but there is no such amount to check when GTC listings roll over is there?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
Ahem - but there is no such amount to check when GTC listings roll over is there?

Hi @myjunqueyourtreasure, the situation I described would only occur when a listing is initially listed. It would not happen randomly during a GTC renewal. When the listing is first listed/relisted/sell similar sellers can see the fees associated with the listing. If there is a Gallery Plus fee due to a relist/sell similar from one of the categories mentioned previously then this will alert the seller to make appropriate changes. 

GTC renewal fees should remain the same every month. The only times there should be changes are when it was originally listed using a free listing and the seller doesn't have any remaining free listings during a renewal or if the seller revised the listing to add optional upgrades.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Yes, the listing "should" remain the same, but what some are reporting is that things change when GTC rolls over.

I've also seen reports that upgrades (with fees) have occurred when ebay changes some categories from free Gallery Plus to one with a fee for GP.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

literally I just fired up Turbo Lister this past week (when I started selling again last year I had gone straight to mobile).

Keeps doing the same thing. Open either a template or a new blank form, and the extras are checked.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@this*old*attic 

you should be able to go into settings at top menu bar and set your default listing attributes so they are always off.  this does not mean that if you sync listings after making changes on ebay that they will not be checked again.  but turbo lister can bulk edit them all to off, also.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 15 of 24
latest reply