cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in opinion

Just wanted to clarify my changed position about the Post Office not leaving you an open package without getting some type of note imdicating a problem.

Just received an International package from Israel.

Someone must have opened it up to verifty it.

Too bad they forgot to seal it back up.

I received an open package (package was cut open end to end) with the item staying inside thanks to a small piece of scotch tape.  In the heat of the summer that little piece of tape could have certainly lost its adhesion.

So yes the Post Office will deliver you an entirely open package with absolutely no notification and just dumb luck will determine if your item is still in there or not.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Change in opinion

So glad you got your item!  Thanks for sharing this info.

I once received a large box that contained a very heavy print in a picture frame with glass.  The box was basically open.  How it got to me without that coming out somewhere along the way is a mystery.

Newbie seller.  Told her tape is a good idea!Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Change in opinion

I’ve received opened mail from USPS too, without a note. Recently received an bubble mailer that was quite obviously damaged by a USPS machine too. No markings from the PO, no note or stamp. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Change in opinion

And here I always thought it was my neighbor opening my packages to see if there was anything in it she wanted.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply