cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Category changes to antique dolls

I want you to know that the sellers are not going to put up with the changes in categories under dolls. It's stupid and we will lose money because they cant find our antique dolls mixed in with the new stuff! Most doll collectors dont collect Antique French dolls and Trolls! We dont want to waste our time looking at other items. You are making buy it now a thing of the past. It takes to long to sort through the low end items. You dont put a 10K antique doll next to a .99 cent troll! 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Seems like you might believe you're addressing eBay with your post here.

You are not.

This Board is made up of experienced eBay buyers and sellers.  We volunteer here to answer questions and help others when we can.

One of the things most of us dislike is being addressed as if we are eBay employees or as if we make the rules, neither of which is true. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@collectmoredolls wrote:

I want you to know that the sellers are not going to put up with the changes in categories under dolls. It's stupid and we will lose money because they cant find our antique dolls mixed in with the new stuff! Most doll collectors dont collect Antique French dolls and Trolls! We dont want to waste our time looking at other items. You are making buy it now a thing of the past. It takes to long to sort through the low end items. You dont put a 10K antique doll next to a .99 cent troll! 

And in theory, they won't be.

Look, not a "fan" of the changes and am heavily affected today as well.  As were we with Seasonal, Action Figures, Pretend Play toys that were radically affected back in the Spring.

The item specifics - if/when they return or "us" as Sellers spend endless hours re-entering (we won't) will populate the IS and that is what will drive the search.

My issue with it, is it took MONTHS to get those other categories back on track and Seasonal is still a giant mess as none of the IS make any sense.  We are too close to the Holidays and this is/will heavily affect Holidays sales on some level.  If they were going to do it - dolls/bears should have been in June/July or with the others in the Spring.  

ETA:  You can say you will not put up with it, but the only alternative to the sandbox chaos is to choose another site.  Unfortunate as it is, some categories have few-er choices and will need to work thru the mess, or move on.  Not being harsh, but get your eggs out of just 1 basket and diversify as much as possible.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@collectmoredolls wrote:

There is absolutely no problem venting your experience here. I thank you for it. Please come back often in good times and bad to support sellers who are frustrated with similar issues. Employees in fact do at time post here although rare. The are several post regarding this issues on this PRESISE issue on resent feeds. To suggest they are not aware of comments here is laughable.

As to your issue. I agree. Honestly this is not new. They already destroyed the Christmas category in my opinion. My buying has dropped to zero. It is my hope sellers support ALL sellers in ALL categories that are experiencing these issues. Solution, I buy elsewhere. I sell elsewhere. I keep my eBay account open with the hope of new eBay decision makers.

Good luck, keep posting in a civil way conveying the facts as you see them. Until eBay members drown out the noise of those who deflect from the issues at hand by lecturing why you experience isn't valid we'll never get anywhere.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I 100% agree I've been an Ebay seller since 2001 and I can't list my Antique or  vintage dolls on Ebay anymore buyers can't find them! No one who wants a  Kestner doll from the 1880s wants to see new play dolls in the search. I'm really disgusted with Ebay 

snooki
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@collectmoredolls wrote:

I want you to know that the sellers are not going to put up with the changes in categories under dolls.

You don't have many choices.

Live with the changes or find another place to sell.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

There are plenty of other choices. My wife and I went from selling many, many items on ebay ( me since 2007, her since 1995) at all types of price ranges. Not anymore. We will only sell a few odds and ends here now, mostly around holidays. We are doing quite well on other sites without the headaches ebay has. So glad we are just hobby sellers. I feel for those who try to rely on ebay. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Try selling on Ruby Lane. I have no financial interest at all with Ruby Lane but that is where I go every day to check new listing in dolls. Much easier to use for both sellers and buyers and better quality. Very little junk

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Agree. I can’t efficiently search for antique dolls anymore. This change makes no sense. As an antique doll collector, I don’t want to sift through all the new dolls when I am only interested in original antique bisque and china dolls. Searching by key word doesn’t work because a lot of sellers who are listing estate items don’t know the correct antique doll terminology. I don’t know what eBay goal is but this change hurts buyers and sellers of antique dolls.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Antique dolls are not the only search affected greatly.

Used to routinely search for antique bakeware, glass, jadeite.  It is impossible to find what you are looking for - had saved searches and thank goodness had a bunch of items "watched".  Many of those are now "ended" - am guessing they were moved to an incorrect category.  When those were re-listed in a new category - they did not track.  How sad is that?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

This is eBay's latest post (10/19) about the Dolls category

"Dolls & Bears. The categories based on Brand/Material/Theme/Character/Franchise/Product Line/Type of doll have been retired. Former categories have been replaced by left-hand navigation filters in the new Dolls & Doll Playsets category. You can access the filters by browsing to the product category of your choice and using Brand/Vintage/Material/Theme/Character/Franchise/Product Line/Type filters to refine your search. 

Organizer: eBay Meetup Group: S.E. Michigan Online Sellers, Resellers and Thrifters eBay Etc
Message 11 of 11
latest reply