cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Category Changes Effective May 16th

At least it's not affecting too many of the apparel/accessories categories; unfortunately, they *do* affect computer and electronics.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Just want to add, I think the blue bar link mistakenly goes to changes made last Sept .

For the May 2023 changes, you need to download the May 2023 pdf

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

No need for guessing. it's going to be a mess again, and sales are expected to plummet more.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Wow, 400 pages of categories @50 per page approximately 20,000 categories.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Ugh this has a lot that affects both my accounts. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

Thanks for the update, as always.  I'll be sure to stay tuned. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Just want to add, I think the blue bar link mistakenly goes to changes made last Sept .

For the May 2023 changes, you need to download the May 2023 pdf

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  - I agree, it looks like the link itself is going to old changes from last year.

I downloaded the CSV version of the Mary 2023 changes to make it easy to filter just the changes and it's a very small number of categories impacted - mostly a few pest control/cleaning/pet flea and tick products and it looks like they are adding a category for King Charles.

2023-05-11_08-05-54.jpg

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Thanks @valueaddedresource   I'm thankful that it isn't a massive change.

devon@ebay 

Please have the link in the announcement corrected. The blue bar link on the page that says : "Preview US Category Changes" does not go to the May 2023 changes, it goes to a page with changes from 2022 :

https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/categorychanges/preview2022.html

Also, announcements regarding Category and/or Item Specific changes are usually part of a Seller Update. It is now May 11th, and the Spring Seller Update has still not been released. I assume a date has been scheduled, please let us know what that date is, so we can set some time aside on that day to review the announcement, which is what I assume ebay wants good, conscientious sellers to do----so how about working with us on that and giving us some advance notice? That would be some meaningful "transparency" and "seller engagement" right there.

(If you can't give us a date, can you at least let us know whether it will be before or after the upcoming Seller Check In, scheduled for May 25th?)

TIA!

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Please have the link in the announcement corrected. The blue bar link on the page that says : "Preview US Category Changes" does not go to the May 2023 changes, it goes to a page with changes from 2022 :

Also, announcements regarding Category and/or Item Specific changes are usually part of a Seller Update. It is now May 11th, and the Spring Seller Update has still not been released. I assume a date has been scheduled, please let us know what that date is, so we can set some time aside on that day to review the announcement, which is what I assume ebay wants good, conscientious sellers to do----so how about working with us on that and giving us some advance notice? That would be some meaningful "transparency" and "seller engagement" right there.

(If you can't give us a date, can you at least let us know whether it will be before or after the upcoming Seller Check In, scheduled for May 25th?)

TIA!

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! I can make sure to have this link shared with the correct team to be updated. For the Spring Seller Update I do not have any dates or time frames to share at this time but when that does become available we will be sure to have that announced here on Community! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

devon@ebay  Thanks. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Oh good! Glad they made a mistake! I wasn't looking forward to reviewing everything I have listed. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

devon@ebay 

TIA!

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques We just announced our Summer Seller Check-In and more details can be seen here!

Devon,
eBay
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Re: https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/categorychanges.html?fbclid=IwAR24rc6DuZbnporIS1KaE1Gz...

According to the page, the category changes are effective tomorrow May 16th. 

However, this page has still not been posted to the Announcement page, and it still has an incorrect link as I mentioned above. 

It seems these matters should be corrected ASAP, unless ebay is actually hoping for a carnival of confusion tomorrow, when these changes (supposedly) go into effect.

Can you please provide an update on this?

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I just got an email (message) regarding the changes to IS and when I click the "these categories" link it definitely says they will be going into effect May 16th.

Way to give plenty of notice, ebay.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 15 of 22
latest reply