cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we put our listings links on Instagram?

Hi

Can we put our listings links on Instagram? If so what is the correct way of putting the listings links on Instagram without violating eBay Policies?

Appreciate help from anyone?

Thank you,

Best regards

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I put links in the comments or just use Linktree in your bio to send people to your ebay store. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Of course you can. You're sending business TO ebay. Not away from it. I would post a picture of the item with the link in the comments.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You can put a link on your bathroom wall at work if you want, anything that brings business to ebay makes eBay happy.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Is that legal in eBay? I was never known that one. Do you know how to put the listing link? I think we cannot put the link that displays in the URL. Right?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Yes it's legal. Ebay is surely not going to come for you for giving them free business. Sign out of your account, go to your seller splash page and look for the listing and copy the URL after you click on it. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yeah, I know that one. I am asking about how to put the link on Instagram? I know we can't put the URL link on Instagram stories or posts. Can you guide me on this?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I don't use Instagram so I can't help you there. Try Google.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

that means I have to log out from the account and search my items and then copy the link which displays on the URL. right?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I put links in the comments or just use Linktree in your bio to send people to your ebay store. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you so much

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yes, you can put your listings links on Instagram. However, Instagram has certain restrictions on the type of links you can post in your posts and stories.

In general, you cannot add clickable links to regular posts or captions. Instead, you can add the listing link to your Instagram bio and direct your followers to click the link in your bio to view the listing. Alternatively, you can use Instagram stories to add a swipe-up link to your listing, but this feature is only available to users with a certain number of followers or those with a verified account.

It's also important to note that eBay has its own policies on the use of external links in listings. Make sure to review eBay's guidelines on links in listings to avoid violating any policies.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply