cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see watchers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

For Some reason  I can no longer see watchers on items on ebay Not even mine unless I am on my ebay page. So Buyers can no longer see how many People are watching my buy nows? Why is that? I tried 3 different browsers  None show them,this started today! But you can sure see the Delivery in 3 days In my zip, Which is a lie I cant even get packages from my house to the town over In 3 days any more. Priorty mail or First class. This should have been removed..

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Can't see watchers?

I've had the same problem off and on for a few days now.
Message 61 of 68
latest reply

I've had same problem for a few days.My eBay Active Selling shows -- for Views with 0 for Watchers and just the occasional 1.Trouble is that this is a very quiet time of the year on eBay (so,Good for Buyers,Bad for Sellers) but I've no idea if complete slowdown of Sales is for that reason or if potential Buyers are just not looking at my Listings (and Views would tell me that).Bit miffed.

Message 62 of 68
latest reply

They took it away!

Message 63 of 68
latest reply

Every change they make makes Ebay worse. I wish it was like it was 5 or 6 years ago.

Message 64 of 68
latest reply

eBAY took it away from WHOM? It seems that ALL the LARGER SELLERS ITEMS have a "Watching" Counter on the Page. Is this only for Larger Sellers now? How is that Fair or LEGAL? If I go to the DAILY DEALS Section and click on any other, it will tell me how many watchers it has BUT if I click on a similar listing of some regular eBayer, it will NOT TELL ME! This is FACT! Try it out for yourselves and then Ask eBay WHY are they playing FAVORITES once again? The GTC 30 Day Listings is for the same reason, to give the LARGE SELLERS and EDGE that eBay can POINT TO when asked what advantages can you give the Large guys! Disgrceful
Message 65 of 68
latest reply

Hello, just to give an update. since my last message Ebay did start showing the watch number on the item view page for buy it now items.... but only if it had 5 watchers or more, It may have been due to the number of complaints made, but talk about stubborn! they could have went back to showing watchers starting at 1 watcher and fixed this issue completely. My sales have not improved since my last message. The 5 watchers rule would probably confuse buyers even more because now 4 watchers looks like 0.

They have been using this system (only showing watchers if 5 or more are watching) for about 10 months now, and it has become worse since first implemented..... Potential Buyers seem to have caught-on to how this works.... I am regularly seeing the watch count on some of my items rise to 5 only to fall back to 4 within hours, I believe this is because once it is highlighted as having 5 watchers some watchers who aren't quite ready to buy will take if off their watch list (and perhaps add it to their browser favorites instead) to bring it back to 4 reducing the perceived popularity of the item. Very sneaky behavior... but understandable: if someone has found item they like, but need time to think about it, then they wouldn't want to draw extra attention to the item and boost its perceived popularity, especially if they were thinking of making an offer.

This case of 5 watchers quickly switching back to 4 is happening to my items more and more frequently. If an item (especially when offered at a low price) was allowed to attract watchers organically starting from 1, then I believe it would more quickly get to ten, which would then give it extra promotion as a popular item displayed under item view pages for related items across the site.... giving it a much higher chance of selling quickly!

Message 66 of 68
latest reply

Seriously struggling to ever get more than 4 watchers per item (which ebay display as zero watchers!) ..... "once it is highlighted as having 5 watchers some watchers who aren't quite ready to buy will take it off their watch list (and perhaps add it to their browser favorites instead) to bring it back to 4 reducing the perceived popularity of the item to ZERO   !!!" ............ This is killing my sales!

Message 67 of 68
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread Here.
Thanks.

Message 68 of 68
latest reply