cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay for an item!

I am trying to pay for an item I won, and when I go to Pay Now I get an error message that says Your Saved PayPal Payment Method Can't Be Used.  I tried both accounts, same message.  Anyone else seeing this?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Can't pay for an item!

Credit card expired?

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Can't pay for an item!

I tried two different cards, both are good. I checked both my accounts and PP and all seems good there too. I'll try again. What's weird is that it says 'choose a payment method' but then doesn't let me click on the little circle...odd. So maybe I didn't try the other account. Hmmmm.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Can't pay for an item!

Some of your info in PayPal related to payment method is incorrect or needs updating. As @siayan pointed out, if it's a credit card, the expiration date for the one on file is probably past. When you received your new card, you may have overlooked updating the expiration date on your PayPal account.

Or, you may have exceeded your amount of available credit with this purchase. if, the available credit amount is the problem, try making a payment to your CC account, and try it again. Otherwise, you'll need to add an additional payment method.

Belle
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Can't pay for an item!

It seems like weird glitches like this happen online AND in real life too.  So far I've never had trouble making a purchase using PayPal, and haven't been told any buyers had trouble paying me for their purchases.  Fingers crossed there.

In real life shopping one day, my card worked just fine at three or four places, then couldn't make scan at all at the grocery store... something had *de-magnitized* the swipe strip, and it never worked again.  Big bother.. had to have bank send a new one, etc.

Simple life with cash always seemed to work dependably in my early life.  Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Can't pay for an item!

I am not sure here, maybe someone else can just in. Is it possible the seller doesn't accept paypal and want direct CC Payment.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Can't pay for an item!

@moondogblues wrote:
I tried two different cards, both are good. I checked both my accounts and PP and all seems good there too. I'll try again. What's weird is that it says 'choose a payment method' but then doesn't let me click on the little circle...odd. So maybe I didn't try the other account. Hmmmm.

Weird wild stuff. Maybe just a temporary glitch? Try using a different browser. Are you on a desktop or mobile device?

Belle
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Can't pay for an item!

Look at the listing and the Payment options.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Can't pay for an item!

siayan was right, the CC had expired...but what bothers me is that eBay would not let me switch to my other card, which is current and pay that way.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Can't pay for an item!

Thanks everyone.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply