cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't modify a listing with pending offer

How stupid is this?

I had an offer and made a counter offer.

It's been days and I haven't heard back.

Went to change some of the text and eBay won't let me do it

what's to stop me from ending this listing and relisting it the way I want it?

If this is the way it's going to be I'll just IGNORE all offers made in the future. . .

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

No, you can't change some things when an offer was pending........

think about it.......suppose you found a crack in an item, that a buyer had made an offer on, changed the description after the offer to reflect the crack and accepted the offer?  think of the mayhem...... 

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I think you can cancel the offer but I have never done it.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Went to change some of the text and eBay won't let me do it

You do realize how crazy it would be for eBay to allow a seller to materially alter the listing while the Best Offer is still in play?  You don't suppose shady sellers would take advantage????

If this is the way it's going to be I'll just IGNORE all offers made in the future. . .

I'd guess you couldn't revise until the offer expired or was declined.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

eBay could alert my buyer that the listing has been changed since they made the offer.

I only wanted to remove the http pictures so the dreaded SEE FULL ITEM DESCRIPTION would disapear.

If my customer doesn't respond by later today I'll end the listing and relist it. . .

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

lol, you expect ebay to do it, you expect customer to read it, you expect anyone to have proof of anything after the item is delivered or 30 day later when customer files a case? 

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

AAAAAAGREED!

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

ON the nose...........

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

eBay could alert my buyer that the listing has been changed since they made the offer.

I only wanted to remove the http pictures so the dreaded SEE FULL ITEM DESCRIPTION would disapear.

If my customer doesn't respond by later today I'll end the listing and relist it. . .

Be very careful about ending listings with offers.

Do that and the "bots" will suspect that you took the sale off eBay to complete it

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Right (other right) edit, side, "with open  offers from buyers", action, end.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Ending listings that have offers pending is a violation ebay views that as trying to take sales off site never mind the item gets relisted a warning will be issued...

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

If you have a pickup item only listing and a interested party contacts you about your address and you respond that is also considered a trying to make the sale off ebay and a warning will be issued.....

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@z50com wrote:

Be very careful about ending listings with offers.

Do that and the "bots" will suspect that you took the sale off eBay to complete it

And to add to that, the "human eyes" that look at it before restrictions are issued may also view it as an "off eBay" transaction happening.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Ending listings that have offers pending is a violation ebay views that as trying to take sales off site never mind the item gets relisted a warning will be issued...

I would think that would depend upon what was being changed.  I'm not aware of any policy violation being committed simply by editing a listing.  Of course, once a bid is placed a seller may not change anything in the listing, but they can add to it.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

the thread that was about this was because of communication between the buyer and seller NOT because of listing that was ended.

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 15 of 25
latest reply