cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't list cell phone + case

I get this error message:

It looks like you're listing a cell phone or smart phone accessory. Accessories for cell phones, including bundles that only include accessories, should be listed in the Cell Phones & Accessories > Cell Phone Accessories categories

If you're listing a cell phone that's bundled with accessories, please use the Bundle Listing item specific. Don't mention any accessories in the title or item specifics if those items are typically included with a cell phone. For example, since cell phones usually come with a charger, don't add "charger" to your title, unless you have bundled an additional item. To complete your listing, please edit your item specifics, category, or title.

Fine, but I see no "Bundle Listing" item specific for the cell phone category.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can't list cell phone + case

@baec   List in the cellphone category but do NOT mention the case in the title or the item specifics.  You can only mention it in the description and of course take photos of everything that is included with the phone... charger etc...  

I can't find the bundle option either on the New Listing Tool in Seller Hub.   It used to be available in the old listing tool. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Because bundles are not available in the cell phone category?

"Accessories for cell phones, including bundles that only include accessories, should be listed in the Cell Phones & Accessories > Cell Phone Accessories categories

If you're listing a cell phone that's bundled with accessories, please use the Bundle Listing item specific."

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@krazzykats wrote:

Because bundles are not available in the cell phone category?

"Accessories for cell phones, including bundles that only include accessories, should be listed in the Cell Phones & Accessories > Cell Phone Accessories categories

If you're listing a cell phone that's bundled with accessories, please use the Bundle Listing item specific."

I just did a test draft in the cellphone category because I was going to provide a screen shot with the bundle option.... but it's not there.  

I want to ask the team where the bundle option is hiding now?  

devon@ebay

kyle@ebay

elizabeth@ebay

@

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

And the bigger question is do people really even search by the term "bundle?"  😁

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@krazzykats wrote:

And the bigger question is do people really even search by the term "bundle?"  😁

It used to be that if you "bundled" an item you could mention the additional items in item specifics... IF I am remembering correctly.  🙄  Too many changes to remember everything... my brain is out with the old and MAYBE in with the new info if it's a good mood.

Frankly I never used the feature and the few times I had an item that had to be "bundled"  I did what I recommend to the OP.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

SAME issue on my side as of 04/06/2024. Tried to list a video projector, that came with its remote. eBay flagged me for trying to sell an accessory in the wrong category. Then tried to sell a smart watch, that comes with its charging dock, and same red flag again from eBay.

It's VERY important to note in the tittle that an item comes with its charging dock, power block, remote...etc because often those normally included accessories are missing on some listings. So, people will look for a listing that state the item is indeed complete. But since a few weeks now, eBay flag those wrongly.

I even spent an hour on eBay support chat about the issue. They pass me through 5 different reps as well, and nobody has a clue how to fix this, while ALL of them acknowledged that this should not happen to begin with.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply