cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain this?

I was wondering if someone could explain this high amount of views on my auction...By the time the auction ended the views were up over 7,000...I don't know how to replicate this phenomena...

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Yeah - you really need to rearrange the title and maybe include  % 

Sticking 100 at the end of the listing is just an issue waiting to happen if you get a buyer who is determined to give you a hard time.

100% Cotton  

You also don't have to include VTG and Vintage.  The seach bots will pick up both if only one is used.

And I'm trying to figure out the random "S" in the title.  That means Small in most cases but it's being used on many different sizes.  The title builder is not always your friend and could cause SNADs.

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

And that could be why. Somebody out there thinks it's a great deal, 100 items for $20.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 17 of 37
latest reply

This has not been an issue with me...I have a very low return rate for any items I sell...Hardly any questions on titles either...
Message 18 of 37
latest reply

"S" can refer to size...I found that when someone searches for a size the start with the "S" only...
Message 19 of 37
latest reply

I thought that attracting someone to open your auction was 75% of the battle...After all, an item won't sell if the auction isn't viewed...
Message 20 of 37
latest reply

Do you have luck starting auctions for a penny? I used to do that all the time but lost more in the long run...Do buyers even hang around long enough for an auction to end? Not in most cases from my experience...
Message 21 of 37
latest reply

After giving this some thought, I am going to remove the 100 and see what happens...
Message 22 of 37
latest reply

@swiftsalesmn wrote:
"S" can refer to size...I found that when someone searches for a size the start with the "S" only...

Yes, it can, but you have S in the title and also Medium, Large, XL, M, L etc.  It is confusing and might be viewed as search manipulation.

• BORN Wedge FLOWER Sandals Leather BOC Size Platform Cork S M 8 Womens NEW EU 39Short
  • PROM Cocktail Party Dress Bridesmaid US Formal Women NWT Blue S 10 CRUISE
  • SLIP Lace GAYMODE Nylon Vintage Full Size S Sz White Trim Vtg RARE Plus 40 TALL     (Huh?? Size S / Plus 40 Tall?)
  • Secret Leopard Victoria Teddy M Lingerie Lace Babydoll Print Sexy Victorias Slip      (Title order is nonsense - terrible job from the title builder)

While you may not have a high return rate, you're quite young in your selling history.  My first return came at around 500.  

@swiftsalesmn

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Everyone who says their views are down had their views funneled to you?Smiley Very HappySmiley Surprised

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Everyone who says their views are down had their views funneled to you?Smiley Very HappySmiley Surprised

Exactly you got all my view's too!!!

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

@swiftsalesmn  There has been more than one thread about an item getting an excessively high View count.  i've read a number of opinions on what causes it or how it can happen.  So, I want to add my 2 cents.  I was told once that when an item is listed and goes live the first View or more is a computer bot checking the listing.  So my theory is that something in the listing OR the eBay bot system itself might get locked in a Bot Loop whereby Views just continue to rise. 

My opinion on opinion on other items that get say 100 - 200 views might be more of a single Buyer trying to entice a Seller in to dropping their price by continuing to View the item but not purchase ... but again, just my opinion.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 26 of 37
latest reply

You have thong in the title. You probably got views from guys ranging in age 18 to 45...
Message 27 of 37
latest reply

This not confusing at all if the buyer reads the auction description...
Message 28 of 37
latest reply

Having an "S" in the title won't deter buyers who search according to size in a clothing catagory...An "s" is the first letter one will type when searching size in a title...That is why I think title builder includes all forms...Some people have to be smart enough to realize this...In addition, I have been selling on eBay since 2000 and have nearly 2,000 100% feedback score...
Message 29 of 37
latest reply

Apparently "nonsense" gets the most views...Telling of our society of texters...Also I might ask why you are an expert with only one feedback lintbrush? Or is your name a front on this board that you are hiding behind? A member since 2016? You have got to be kidding!!
Message 30 of 37
latest reply