cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer view details of SOLD items

Almost daily, I review my bookmarked searches for new items as well as sold searches for things I may have missed.  Sometimes there are more items included in a listing than are noted in the title or shown in the first photo and sometimes details of missing items or damage are given that help explain why an item sold for as little or as much as it did.

Tonight in going through my searches, I find I cannot view individual completed listings.  When I try, I get a new page that says, "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you," and it shows me something different.  Of course the "simiar" item is never even close to what I wanted to see.

This has not happened prior to today, so I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.  Has there been some permanent change?  Does ebay now feel threatened by sellers' ability to look at a sold item (which would seem the most plausible, knowing how paranoid they are)?  Thanks for any responses or insights.

Message 1 of 111
latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

As of 11:00AM Eastern Time here in the United States, it seems like this issue have been fixed. You can view the sold/complete item listings again like the old ways.

I sold a few items these past few days, and I couldn't view what I sold and instead I was refer to another "similar item" advertisement page like you guys. But now I don't know if this is a fix for all, or just on my end. Hopefully they keep it this way.
Message 31 of 111
latest reply

Not fixed. My search for a sold item brings up a message "The selected item is no longer available." and a currently listed item.
Message 32 of 111
latest reply

No fixed at all. It seems however not widespread - some items you can still see the complete information, others not - you get redirected to "Check out this similar item we found for you." which is not even similar except for category. It is significantly frustrating!

Message 33 of 111
latest reply

@rsmhalf wrote:
Not fixed. My search for a sold item brings up a message "The selected item is no longer available." and a currently listed item.

If you click on the word "listing" that is a slightly different color blue than the rest of the words, in that blue bar on the top (makes so much sense to hide things like that) you will then be taken to the sold listing you were originally looking for.  I guess this is Ebays way of trying to increase sales by letting you see something current instead of something that has already sold.

Have to manage to show growth somehow even if it continues to chase off what few buyers remain on Ebay.

Message 34 of 111
latest reply

on my screen in the blue box that says "the listing you are looking for..." the word "listing" is highlighted and I can click on it. It brings up the listing of sold item looking for., scroll to bottom of page or click on see original listing for rest of details.
Message 35 of 111
latest reply

THANK YOU

this was driving me nuts.  I hope they change it back. 

dumb. dumb. dumb.

~ ɐǝl ~

ɐǝʇ ɥʇıʍ sǝɯʎɥɹ
Message 36 of 111
latest reply

Thanks for that, lintbrush*.
Message 37 of 111
latest reply

This type of information is going to be less and less available to sellers. eBay does not want buyers to have to prolong their decision to buy when they come to this site. The more we as sellers cannot think individually about our pricepoint, the more likely we are to list all items with a vastly similar (and eventually no) range. Auctions are almost the way of the wind, BINs were encouraged, then Offers arrived and now Offers are being revalued without our approval. If I don't go in and revise a "Good 'Till Canceled" item back to what I originally listed it for, it will sell right out from underneath me.

As a mom of 2 millenials, 3 GenZ'ers, and one Alpha -- they could care less what uniqueness is brought to an item. They want what they want when they want it for the price they want it for. They didn't pop of out the womb entitled. We teach our kids what to value in life. This is it.

Message 38 of 111
latest reply

My daughter added ... entitlement goes both ways. As much entitlement as exists in some younger generations of buyers in thinking that they get a product for the price they want it when they want it, there exists an equal amount of entitlement in some sellers for thinking they get to sell products in the way they always have for so many decades. 

Message 39 of 111
latest reply

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I was getting really *!$#^%& frustrated when I could no longer see the original listing of sold items!

Thank you for solving the mystery!!!!!!!!

Message 40 of 111
latest reply

Thank you for explaining how to solve this problem.  I called ebay yesterday and CS  told me it was my browser or I was doing something wrong.  I was ready to leave ebay over this one.

Message 41 of 111
latest reply

I thought that clicking on the see relisted item from my watched list was annoying when it sent me to the finished old listing instead. This new unnecessary change is just seriously unhelpfull, especially if you are going through completed or sold listings to gauge pricing. Don't ebay make enough profit ? do they really need to squeeze a few more sales with simular listings ?

Message 42 of 111
latest reply

Now this is the best answer so far. Indeed it does work. What a relief. My whole family has gotten so tired of the endless strange changes in Ebay, we are sincerely considering making a statement for banning ourselves off the site. Where is the love? huh? suppose to be a community, yet no one votes or asks us what we would like , no, just rules , endless rules, beating us down to deep depression. like facebook, time to say bye bye. ? so sad
Message 43 of 111
latest reply

You post says exactly what I think about not being able to see the details of sold listings.

I wonder if there is any way sellers could convince ebay to change this?

Message 44 of 111
latest reply

this is frikken disgraceful. borderline criminal ..what a really lame attempt to make it not seem so bad by hiding that link so you can see the ended auction.
Message 45 of 111
latest reply