cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone give me advice on selling these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223013635657

These were handmade by a local potter and only so many were made. I know they aren't super rare, but they are nice pieces of pottery and display advertising.

One listing got a whopping 2 views. Is there better title wording or something I can do?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Can anyone give me advice on selling these?

Social media is the only thing I can think of... the right buyer may see it if they see the picture, and click.

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

And of course be willing to wait. The more original it is, the fewer prospective buyers there are for it, in reality. The market is more narrow.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ymeagainlord wrote:
@Anonymous tyler@ebay alan@ebay brian@ebay

Anyone care to comment? Because if true it would be nice if sellers were told?

Hi @ymeagainlord, the title of the item remains a very important part of our search algorithm. Additionally, the title plays prominently into third party search results; some components such as words in ALL CAPS, repeated terms or unrelated adjectives such as Beautiful, Rare, Stunning, Unique, etc. can be considered spam and prevent your eBay listing from appearing in the results when the buyer is searching for items elsewhere.

We recommend using a title that as closely matches the word choice your customers would use to find your item. Buyers don't usually search for "Rare" or "Unique" unless this word is directly related to the item.

For an item like the OP's, I think the title looks good as is and would only consider adding the material into the title (I assume ceramic or clay) as this is a term buyer's are likely to use when searching for a pitcher like this. Something like Mother's Crushed Oats Ceramic Water Pitcher or Mother's Crushed Oats Clay Water Pitcher may help increase views.

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Perhaps list under pottery type, earthenware, salt glazed, etc... No comparables should be made to the canister type for this is an original piece. The pitcher appears to be made with the vintage logo and is not matching up with the era of actual pitcher, this can make some buyers skiddish as to who and why the piece was made. I have seen some list at 28.00 w/shipping included.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply