cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Sellers Hide Listings That Sold?

Was looking at a Youtube Ebay seller's store, who sells mostly used clothing - so not a seller dealing in multi quantities.  Has well over a hundred positive feedbacks just in the last month, yet when sold items are selected, only shows 36 or so for the past 3 months.  How is that done?  Is there a way to hide your solds from people seeing them?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can Sellers Hide Listings That Sold?

Also based on what the OP said about 36 sold items im guessing hes talking about Ralli Roots? They currently have 36 sold items in their store, all the ones in sold there are multi quantity and items still available. And they currently have over 100 feedback this month. They sell alot of clothes based on their videos but they sell alot of multi quantity stuff too. And he has talked about the out of stock option he ueses in several of his videos.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

EBay only keeps listings for about 90 days. Too expensive to keep the 140million transactions a day filed for longer.

If you look at any seller's feedback, you will see this note "Detailed item information is not available for the following items because the Feedback is over 90 days old."

If you don't want family members to know what you are buying, change your ID and password, then don't tell them what the new contact is.
And frankly, outside of your family, no one cares.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I've noticed that listings with Best Offer option that are sold at the offered price/not the listing price are not shown. Those shown are sold at full listing prices.

It's a minor annoyance because I as a seller would like to be able to show buyers how many smooth transactions I've actually had, instead just those sold at full price.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I realize that.  The case I referenced, the seller has sold well over 300 items in the last 90 days, yet only has 36 showing in their solds.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

That goes to show that only 36 out of 300 items were sold at full price, which is not surprising at all.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

https://youtu.be/ShkZBYJZlkM

Watch this video, it's the out of stock option. This video is long but he explains it within the first 10min

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I can't see somone using the out of stock listing to hide sold listings.  It is only for gtc listings and if you only had one of the item, why would you want it to keep renewing each month if the item has sold?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@jobs-7 wrote:

I realize that.  The case I referenced, the seller has sold well over 300 items in the last 90 days, yet only has 36 showing in their solds.

Multi Quantity GTC listings only show on the sold page if that sale ends the listing, or if the seller ends the listing manually with a history of sales in the past 90 days.

Ex

I list 12 dinner plates as singles.(Qty 12 GTC)

I sell 2, 4, 4 and 2 to 4 different buyers. The last x2 ends the GTC listing.

Only that last sale will show on the Sold page ... And it will show as a sale of a single plate, unless you look at the sales history.

If I sell 2 and 2 within 90 days and end the listing (with 8 still left), only the last one will show, as a single... with the sale date showing as the date that I ended the listing.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

The op mentioned that the seller sells used clothing so is unlikely to have a lot of multiple quanity listings.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

In the video he said he deletes them after they sell if they are only 1 quantity item. But this is how they are not showing the items in sold. Items will still show in sold if its multi quantity and they still have some left but as soon as that item sells out if disapears from the sold.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Also based on what the OP said about 36 sold items im guessing hes talking about Ralli Roots? They currently have 36 sold items in their store, all the ones in sold there are multi quantity and items still available. And they currently have over 100 feedback this month. They sell alot of clothes based on their videos but they sell alot of multi quantity stuff too. And he has talked about the out of stock option he ueses in several of his videos.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Yep, that's them.  I have ADD, so I can't watch more than a minute or two of any video before losing interest, so never heard that from him.  But you obviously hit the nail on the head.  I have a feeling Ebay did not intend this GTC Out of Stock to be used by sellers to purposely hide their sales.  

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@jobs-7 wrote:

Multi Quantity GTC listings only show on the sold page if that sale ends the listing, or if the seller ends the listing manually with a history of sales in the past 90 days.

Ex

I list 12 dinner plates as singles.(Qty 12 GTC)

I sell 2, 4, 4 and 2 to 4 different buyers. The last x2 ends the GTC listing.

Only that last sale will show on the Sold page ... And it will show as a sale of a single plate, unless you look at the sales history.

If I sell 2 and 2 within 90 days and end the listing (with 8 still left), only the last one will show, as a single... with the sale date showing as the date that I ended the listing.

Not just GTC listings, fixed price ones as well.  I sold two Grumpy Cat ornaments last month (from a 30-day fixed price listing), but only one shows up on my Sold page because that sale ended the listing.  Both of them sold within that initial 30-day listing.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply