cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I speak to a live person?

Why am I being charged fees when I post and I subscribe as a store?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Can I speak to a live person?

First, you don't really want to speak to a live customer support agent.  They have a reputation for telling you what they think you want to hear, and just get you off the phone.

Second, we're more likely to be able to help.  What store level are you subscribed to?  What categories and types of listings are you creating (auctions or fixed price, and eBay category all matter potentially)? How much are you getting charged?  Have you looked at your account to see what exactly the charges were for (listing fees, upgrade fees, ad fees, etc)?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I don't see you have a store on this account.   Also, since your a new seller, a store won't be of much help.  All new sellers have listing limits.  Having a store won't let you list more until the limits come off.    You want to avoid the extra cost listing options.  Things like promoted listings and  reserve prices  just waste fees and don't help much with sales.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I'm not sure what your question actually is about posting, but yes, ebay charges fees to open a store. They also have other fees that include listing and selling on ebay. I'm providing two links with the explanations for the costs. The first explains the different types of stores and the monthly/yearly costs. The second is for the other fees to sell on here. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees?id=4809.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822&st=3&pos=1&query=Sellin...

You aren't charged to post anything on these boards. If you are talking about listing your items, that is explained in the second link. Good luck to you. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@thrifty.ness 

You don't have a store subscription on this account.

When you use a reserve, there's an extra fee for using it and you have to pay the fee even if the item doesn't sell.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Just in case you missed it..... (thanks to @kensgiftshop )

"...When you use a reserve (like you have done on your recent auction listing), there's an extra fee for using it and you have to pay the fee even if the item doesn't sell..."

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The OP does have a store on this account.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@thrifty.ness 

I don't see any store account on this ID.  Do you have another account? Seeing as you only have 4 things for sale, I wouldn't think a store would be necessary.  Perhaps you should post some more listings.  You have some nice clothing items for sale & your prices are good.  Perhaps get some more sales under your belt and consider a store later on.

Good luck to you & happy selling

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Yup.

Odd stuff. Did not see it earlier, but now it appears😎

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

You're being charged a fee because you have a reserve price on one of your auctions. The fee for that is non refundable. 
Just an FYI having a store subscription will not give you more free insertion listings when you have monthly selling limits. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I don't think the OP had a store when I first looked at their account, shortly after they started this thread. I think it was opened afterwards.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

The OP does have a store on this account.

It wasn't showing up a little bit ago.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 12
latest reply