cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sell on Ebay then just drop ship using Amazon prime?

Can I sell on Ebay then just drop ship the item from Amazon? 

Is that against the rules? 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

gopetersen
Rockstar

Besides the fact that you are abusing the terms of your Amazon Prime agreement (breaking the contract, which is a legal offense), have you thought about how much you have to mark up the price to cover your costs?

If you buy something on Amazon for $100 and sell it for $125 on eBay you will NOT cover all your costs. You won't be making any money. It's not just the eBay fees and PayPal fees, you also have to pay listing fees for all the items that didn't sell the first time, second time or third or fourth or fifth time you listed them, plus monthly store fees, plus the cost of handling returns, plus taxes, plus your time.

I remember one re-seller who was drop-shipping was in shock when he added up the numbers at the end of the year and discovered he had LOST a few thousand dollars. If you consider that you have to manage your eBay account seven days a week, that's a huge loss of time, as well.

Also consider that if you are charging, let's say $135 for an item that sells on Amazon for $100 why would the buyer buy it? Probably both Amazon and eBay buyers will buy from a different seller to get it cheaper. You can't buy at retail prices and resell at retail prices. You have to buy wholesale (below-wholesale, actually) if you want to make money.

Also, it probably won't last very long. Some buyers will report you to Amazon if they see you are abusing your Prime privileges.

Message 46 of 53
latest reply

Maybe you should ask amazon.  

Message 47 of 53
latest reply

plus some people dislike Amazon so much that if they see that Amazon shipment that was an item purchased off Ebay dropped shipped they'll leave a fast Negative and mention it was dropped shipped from Amazon.  

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

It's not rocket science. The Amazon Prime Terms of Agreement are very clear:

"Prime members are not permitted to purchase products for the purpose of resale, rental, or to ship to their customers or potential customers using Prime benefits. "

Message 49 of 53
latest reply

You are technically right accoridng to the terms and conditions however  neitehr Ebay nor Amazon seem to mind people doing even in large scale operations.

If you report someone doing this, you just get a sholder shurg and a " I don't care attitude" 

I don't know of anyone who have had their account suspended because of this. 

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

Evening,

And this is the very reason so many folks are so unhappy when they get a package from Amazon...we know that gift notices in our packages are a dead give away that someone is abusing...and stealing from the system that the rest of us rule abiding folks end up paying for.

Mr C

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

The best answer is NO.  You could be banned from eBay and Amazon.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 52 of 53
latest reply

Gee, how could we possibly know?  The item comes in a box marked Amazon.  It comes with a gift receict from Amazon.

We did not buy it on Amazon.

That all equals bad feedback for you.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 53 of 53
latest reply