cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sell military metals & other military items?

I got a large jewelry lot and one wooden box had just military stuff in it. Like metals, pins, tie with tie clip, etc. I think the language on bottom of metals are hungarian. Some marked 1980 -1983. I am not sure what to do with these items and if they can be sold. Does anyone have any idea what to do with this stuff? Can upload pics if necessary. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Can I sell military metals & other military items?

Hi, some items can be sold here, some cannot. Below is the link explaining the policy for selling Military items.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/military-items-policy?id=4342#:~:text....

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Also found this policy discussing medals, but i'm not clear if they mean any government issued medals or just US govt. issued medals. Policy below for your perusal. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/government-documents-ids-licences-pol...

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I had something like this before... And I sold it on ebay 🙂

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

You can sell just about any military medal on Ebay apart from the few top US medals which are not allowed to be sold in the US as per US law and you can't sell German WWII medals with swastikas.  But just about everything else is no problem.

As far as Hungarian medals from the 80s I would probably just lot them up for sale.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I would try "lots" as a last option, buyers who might be interested in one particular $25 medal out of a Lot are not likely to buy a Lot of 10 for $100 if they have little or no interest in the others.

Try them individually if you get no action or you sell a few but the rest sit then would be the time to bundle the leftovers as a Lot.

There are tons of collectors of Military stuff, for foreign stuff especially you should definitely consider offering them Worldwide.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Yea, if they were old Hungarian medals I would sell individually.  But from the 1980s it is unlikely to find one with much value.

To the OP, if you want more information go to the International forum (scroll down to find it) over at Wehrmacht Awards and just ignore the WWII German stuff if it bothers you.  They have some pretty knowledgeable collectors who are usually quite helpful.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@m60driver 

@slippinjimmy

Thanks for your help. I was going to post some pics on here later to show you what I have. My husband had a ton of military pins which were easy to find for most part awhile back. But this stuff obviously came from same person and was all in a wooden box which was quite nice. Just wasn't sure the rules on selling that stuff on here, etc. Not familiar with this stuff, not really my thing. Things are too nice to throw away. I figured I would try to sell it and if not maybe donate it. Definitely didn't want to throw it away. 

Thank you for everyone that had responded. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@dinpavent0 wrote:

I got a large jewelry lot and one wooden box had just military stuff in it. Like metals, pins, tie with tie clip, etc. I think the language on bottom of metals are hungarian. Some marked 1980 -1983. I am not sure what to do with these items and if they can be sold. Does anyone have any idea what to do with this stuff? Can upload pics if necessary. 

I sell military items. No swastikas (or Nazi Germany stuff). Insignias, medals, patches, from other places... all OK. Others have posted the restricted items policy.

C.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you, I figured no Germany stuff for obvious reasons...lol. When I looked up a couple items i had google translate in English and they appear to be American / Hungary items so far. Too bad there wasn't someone in the family from the estate didn't see this stuff or even may have wanted to keep it you know. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@dinpavent0 well your lot sounds delightful! I have sold military pins in the past, old US ones. You may wish to post your pictures in the catagory: collectables or jewelry since this is a sellers forum for people with more problems than a math class! Best to you!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@silverstatetreasure

I will definitely do that and post it in that section. I want you to see what I have. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply