cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get my fees back for delivery of an empty package?

Buyer received an empty package, tracking confirms it. No case opened, but I am going to send another set to him. Is there a way to get my fees back?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Can I get my fees back for delivery of an empty package?

Nope.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@herecometheplayas wrote:

Buyer received an empty package, tracking confirms it. No case opened, but I am going to send another set to him. Is there a way to get my fees back?

How does tracking confirm it?  Tracking can confirm delivery, but I have never seen tracking confirm weight, which would allow me to confirm a change of contents.  If the carrier documented the loss of contents/package damage on the tracking, try filing a claim with them.

Your fees for the original sale would not be refunded as the original sale has not been cancelled.  And if you were to cancel it, since the product didn't arrive, you would be required to refund the entire payment, leaving you paying that shipping charge from your own pocket and eBay keeps the 30cent per-transaction fee for processing the payment.

If you really want to resend, just resend.  You can add the second shipment tracking to the original order, but that -may- flag the order as a late shipment or late delivery.  But it does document that the second shipment was a replacement for the first -- something I usually do by sending a Message, or adding a comment to a Case or Return Request.  That simple message, telling the customer you've shipped the replacement for their lost/damaged/missing order, with the new tracking number, is usually good enough for eBay, especially if there are Messages/comments preceding that documents the agreement between buyer and seller to reship.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

need to help to me

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@imxperera wrote:

need to help to me

You need to start a thread with your own question for anyone to help you Here 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You will get your fees back some day in GOOD KARMA!  😃

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

If we're talking about eBay fees, no.  You have a completed sale: you have your money, and buyer has his product.

If we're talking about shipping fees, yes.  If you file a claim, carrier should refund original shipping fees and the value of the item - up to the limits of their insurance.  This is where you can be made whole.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You didn't provide a lot of information and as others have commented unsure how the tracking confirms an empty package arrived. Not sure what you sold, the value or how you shipped it. Since the buyer has not opened a case as couldabeenworse  stated from eBay's optic there is nothing wrong here. The sale was completed and the buyer has their item. 

Since no case has been opened I am assuming the buyer simply contacted you and told you the package arrived empty and you are sending them a new set outside of the official claim process. If you do so there is nothing that prevents the buyer from still filing an official claim once they have the replacement. If the buyer opens a NAD claim sending a replacement is one of the options you can respond to the case with. 

As others noted if the carrier marked or labeled the package as damaged or empty then if the item was shipped via method that included insurance you can file a claim with the carrier. Buyer should retain the package as the carrier is probably going to want to see it. If you sent it through USPS first class does not have insurance unless you purchased it separate and the coverage on priority mail is limited to $100. Following is the timeline for filing a claim with USPS. 

time.jpg

Message 9 of 9
latest reply