cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I choose NOT to sell to someone who has no feedback?

I sold an item to someone who has no, as in zero feedback.  It has been 9 days now and the buyer has not responded to my communications nor have they paid for the item.  In future listings, can I legally post that I do not sell to buyers with less than some random # of feedback postings?  I feel that I have been burned by someone and would like to not have it happen again.

Any and all info is appreciated.  Thank you.

Soozie3

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Can I choose NOT to sell to someone who has no feedback?

@avalee113 wrote:

u can put that if no feedback payment is do immediately or item will b canceled and relisted..this protects u if they complain to ebay..

@avalee113 No it doesn't protect you and that sort of text added to a listing is against eBay policy.

Read the posts above for more info, and here is a link to policy page about canceling orders & defects.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html#things

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

@avalee113 wrote:

u can put that if no feedback payment is do immediately or item will b canceled and relisted..this protects u if they complain to ebay..

Actually, I think this may be a policy violation as there are to be no negative references in a listing.

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

@soozie3 wrote:

I sold an item to someone who has no, as in zero feedback.  It has been 9 days now and the buyer has not responded to my communications nor have they paid for the item.  In future listings, can I legally post that I do not sell to buyers with less than some random # of feedback postings?  I feel that I have been burned by someone and would like to not have it happen again.

Any and all info is appreciated.  Thank you.

Soozie3

@soozie3  You cannot post that you do not sell to buyer with less than whatever feedback.  Negative comments in a listing are a violation of policy.

You cannot choose to sell to those with zero feedback, or low feedback.

Everyone had to start at zero.  There is no block on eBay for zero feedback buyers.  

Hopefully you have your block set at 2 strikes in one year.  If you open an Unpaid item dispute, you will get your fees back, the "buyer" will get a strike, if they have two, they will be blocked from buying from the many sellers who use this block.

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

@soozie3 wrote:

Thank you for your response and help.  Yes, I did  file a case on Saturday or Sunday so will be closing the case very soon.   What does BBL mean?  Sorry to be so ignorant but I am not a huge seller and have never had this problem before. 

@soozie3

Blocked Bidder List

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

@soozie3

When you start a listing, where you enter the price, you see two tabs, auction, and fixed price.  Click on the fixed price tab and the listing changes to just show that.  Scroll down a little bit and you see a box that says immediate payment required.  Be sure that is checked.

Complete the rest of the listing and hit submit when you are ready.

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories Your string of posts have already been addressed above. You might want to read through the thread next time if arriving late to the party. 😉

Don't worry, I've done the same thing myself before.

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

Did someone say party!!

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

Nine days and no payment??  A seller should never wait that long.  Check the box that says immediate payment required.  As for a buyer with no feedback, I've had a couple of those but have never had any problems.  Some buyers set up a new account for the purpose of buying items which they don't want spouses or family members to see (I've had that happen with jewelry).  You can say that in your listings but you never know who is a good buyer!

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

soozie3 wrote:What does BBL mean?  Sorry to be so ignorant but I am not a huge seller and have never had this problem before. 

@soozie3

Blocked Bidder List

And sarcastically around these parts, it is also called the Best Buddies List.  😄

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 39 of 40
latest reply

Although you cannot Block 0FB bidders (nor would I ever want to), you can Block bidders who do not have an active Paypal account.

Most of those are newbies or guests so they will not be able to bid.

That Block is under your Seller Preferences, along with the vitally important Block on bidders with Strikes for unpaid items.

Message 40 of 40
latest reply