cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I choose NOT to sell to someone who has no feedback?

I sold an item to someone who has no, as in zero feedback.  It has been 9 days now and the buyer has not responded to my communications nor have they paid for the item.  In future listings, can I legally post that I do not sell to buyers with less than some random # of feedback postings?  I feel that I have been burned by someone and would like to not have it happen again.

Any and all info is appreciated.  Thank you.

Soozie3

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Can I choose NOT to sell to someone who has no feedback?

Thank you! Will take your advice re listing as Fixed Price with immediate payment required. I appreciate your time and info.
Message 16 of 40
latest reply

Thank you so much! Good info and advice that I will use in the future. I appreciate your kindness.
Message 17 of 40
latest reply

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post. It really helps to have the expertise of "seasoned" sellers who have encountered this situation. I sincerely appreciate everyone who responded and will take the majority advice of following thru with my UID (posted on Saturday or Sunday) and do the necessary steps to recoup my fees. You are the best!
Message 18 of 40
latest reply

BBL Block Buyer List
It's in your site preferences, along with many other helpful tools.
My ebay-account-site preferences

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 19 of 40
latest reply

I have not seen "fixed price with immediate payment required." Where can I find it? Thank you!
Message 20 of 40
latest reply

OH! Where can I find this tag when I am relisting an item that did not sell? It does not seem to be an option when relisting. I can only find "fixed price." No option for immediate payment required. Thank you, again.
Message 21 of 40
latest reply

@soozie3 wrote:
OH! Where can I find this tag when I am relisting an item that did not sell? It does not seem to be an option when relisting. I can only find "fixed price." No option for immediate payment required. Thank you, again.

Depends on which listings tool you have or been given. I believe you need to click on the advanced listing tool to do that.

@copper.boom

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

@soozie3 If you have been opted into the new quick listing tool then you can switch to the advanced tool for more options.

You can switch to the advanced tool by clicking on 'save and exit’ at the bottom of the quick listing tool and then you will see 'advanced form' on the top right of the new page. 

From the advanced tool you can adjust duration, best offer, and plenty of other options not available with the new quick tool.

You would see the immediate payment required checkbox near the field where you enter your paypal e-mail address. Hope that helps.

@loveyourimagination49 I guess I've become the resident "how to switch tools" poster. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

I haven't had time to do much of anything, with my computer being down and a new job, so I went to one of the ones I knew would have the info. 😀

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

No prob! I have the text handy for a quick copy/paste. 🙂

Hope the new job turns out great! Sorry to hear about the computer troubles -- never fun.

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

Oh, my gosh! No, you are the wizard!!! Thank you so much for this info. I used the advanced form and it was so much easier to use than the quick form. Why doesn't ebay just put this out there to begin with? Thank you! Thank you!!
Message 26 of 40
latest reply

Thank you for directing me to copper.boom. Got the info and it really helped. I appreciate your help!!!
Message 27 of 40
latest reply

@soozie3

Even with the advanced listing form, it is really easy to just buzz on past that little box for immediate payment required.  Box should be checked for immediate payment required. 

This helps you avoid a non paying situation and having to file an Unpaid Item Dispute.  Buyer can't pay, no sale, listing stays up for the serious buyer who will pay.

Best of luck.

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

u can put that if no feedback payment is do immediately or item will b canceled and relisted..this protects u if they complain to ebay..

Message 29 of 40
latest reply

You cannot cancel a sale to a buyer just because they have no feedback. It doesn't matter what you put in your listing. It is a selling defect. Too many of those and the seller will be gone.

Message 30 of 40
latest reply