cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV eBay searching?

Hello,

Is there any software out there that will let me upload or use a CSV file to search eBay listings? I have a distributor with 1000+ items, but I doubt they will all be good items to sell. (Guessing 90%+ will not work) I am looking for something that will automate the process so I don't have to spend time looking up each individual item.

Thanks for any pointers!

James

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: CSV eBay searching?

Doubtful. I have thousands of CDs and I've researched every single one of them. It's time consuming, but it's necessary 😞
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: CSV eBay searching?

I doubt there is any such app or program, and certainly not for eBay only.  The main problem you will run into is that sellers do not all use the same keywords so a good search result is not possible using keywords.  If you have all the UPC numbers then I think it would be possible but it would be much more effective to search through Google as google represents a large base than just eBay alone.

Another problem is once you get your initial return from the filtered results I doubt you will be able to program any kind of rated items inside the filtered results because you would need to look further into the sellers actions as it relates to each and every transaction for each and every item.

Not sure it is possible?

If you have the UPC numbers you might be able to cross them with Amazon and see what the ranking is for that UPC number and make a determination from that.

If you do not have the UPC numbers and the suppliers does not have them available then I would probably bypass that suppliers because very soon eBay is going to require them for most listings.

Ask your self this question at some point I will need to import some kind of info into a program or app to be able to identify my items, so why not just take the time to look through either Google , eBay or Amazon one number at a time.  It really is not all that time consuming to do this.  Maybe a weeks worth of work.

Also another idea is if the supplier has a territory rep for your location then talk to that person and see what he says are the 50 or 100 best selling items.  Usually they are glad to give you this info. 

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply