cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN I CANCEL AN AUCTION IF .........

Hi folks

Can I cancel an auction if someone made me a satisfactory offer Thru an Ebay message and asked me to send him an invoice? there are no bids. 3 days left. I don't want to do anything wrong.

Thank you!

mike

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: CAN I CANCEL AN AUCTION IF .........

I think you're right. Thanks!
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Thanks for your help. Not sure what this means.
It is never a good idea to list something whose dollar value is more than your recent selling feedback on ebay.
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Thanks Time
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Thanks, and yes it is the knife. I lowered the price because I think it's the 3rd time I listed. The last one I saw sold for 165 and not in as good condition.
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Thanks!
Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Thanks !
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Now I see, thank you
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@michaelruggier0wrote:
Thanks for your help. Not sure what this means.
It is never a good idea to list something whose dollar value is more than your recent selling feedback on ebay.

It means exactly what it says.  Your FB is 21.  The suggestion is that lower FB sellers should not list anything valued at higher than their FB, or $50 whichever is higher, so $125 is well out of that range.  The implication is that less than honorable buyers will target low FB sellers thinking they don't have the experience to fend off bad actors.  While you came here to ask questions about this, most low FB sellers wouldn't.  Higher FB sellers have likely already faced these issues and would know what to do (or not do) without having to ask.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Well that's how a person learns and I'm smart enough to ask questions. Never knew about the 21, but I'm trying to help pay our taxes with some extra income and listings take time to put up, considering research, photos, descriptions, etc. It has to be worthwhile and I'm not going to be concerned with any price range. We've been in the antique and collectible business for over 30 years so I'm not worried about getting screwed on pricing. We have a large inventory left over from our store. It's only the ins and outs of Ebay I'm learning and worked my way up to 100% feedback by not doing too much too quickly. And Ebay is not the only place I sell. But I appreciate your advice. Higher FB sellers may have the answers now but I'm sure there was a time they didn't.
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

It is a wise man who knows what he doesn't know.  

IOW, you realize your limitations and need for advice and knowledge, which is a good thing.

Better than rolling in and guessing.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply