cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying to sell on eBay

I am taking the off sales time to go to garage sales and I am getting the best things for next to nothing and trying somehow to store, clean and maintain only the best vintage collectibles I can find. I have found little piles of Elvis records on top of trash heaps and other horror stories. If and when these items sell I am happy to find a home for them, I love them so much.

Wo is, the younger generation does not spend a lot of moola on this lame stuff, unless it's really cool, so folks, keep trying to sell good stuff on eBay, small sellers will find their niche if they keep at it long enough, and keep finding weird stuff!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Buying to sell on eBay

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Our basement is full of that stuff, but I really go through it selling computer equipment and parts.  The DH orders something from Amazon and opens it and yells up the stairs at me "Sweetie! Packing material!" I come running downstairs all excited.  I get more interested in what the item is packed in lol.  I have several neighbours and a community college IT department giving me their packing materials, and now have been bird-dogging the lobby at my local gym - if I ask, they'll give me all of that packing material their various products come in.

My coworkers all know to bring me bubble wrap and boxes of a certain size when they unpack freight at work.  It's great-- I haven't had to spend a cent on packing materials (outside of packing peanuts and a few odd-sized boxes) in years.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@richards*rock*collection wrote:

I am taking the off sales time to go to garage sales and I am getting the best things for next to nothing and trying somehow to store, clean and maintain only the best vintage collectibles I can find. I have found little piles of Elvis records on top of trash heaps and other horror stories. If and when these items sell I am happy to find a home for them, I love them so much.

Wo is, the younger generation does not spend a lot of moola on this lame stuff, unless it's really cool, so folks, keep trying to sell good stuff on eBay, small sellers will find their niche if they keep at it long enough, and keep finding weird stuff!

Agree.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

"estate sales" here are just yard sales with higher prices and a fancy name.

If you say something like "I'm sorry for your loss" the sellers just look at you blankly like they have no idea that estate sales were for selling actual estates when people died or moved into care.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Then why didn't my UFO potato man that fell from space did not sell? It's the ugliest, strangest thing ever.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply