cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants to cancel bid

By chance, I just checked My Ebay. On an auction ending in 20 minutes (as I write this), the high bidder sent a message and stated he did not have enough money and bid by mistake. The bid is $10.50 and is for a damaged pair of earbuds. Frankly, I'd rather keep them than sell them for such a small amount anyway. Plus, I have no idea how to cancel his bid. By the time I figure it out, the auction will be over. I have no desire to see the buyer punished, but I'd like to get any fees back if he doesn't pay. Do I need to file a report in order to get my fees back? Then again, the amount of the fees are probably not worth concerning myself with. 

I have no intention of relisting the item. I will give the earbuds away. Is it best just to do nothing?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@gsusser   First, I think the Buyer is lying about not having $ 10.50 to pay for the item.  Anyway, you can click on the bid number on the listing and the next screen will have a "cancel bids" link but sadly the next page will NOT have a place to cancel them.  You need to be in seller Hub and on one of the tiles is a Cancel bid function which does work ... you will need the item number PLUS the Buyer's ID to process the cancellation.

If you still have time on the auction let it end ... do NOT end it or eBay will charge you the fVFs anyway since there are messages on it with Buyers ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@gsusser   Okay, 2nd message on this topic ... if the auction ends message the Buyer and ask them to message you and specifically ask you to Cancel the sale ... THAT will allow you to use the reason "Buyer requested ... " as part of the Cancellation process ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Forget it, I figured out how to cancel the bid.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I highly doubt also that he couldn't afford it, but I didn't wanna deal with it. He just joined 3/31 and has no purchases.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I hate when that happens. The next bidder may be surprised that they suddenly became the high bidder with 4 minutes left in the auction.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

just cancel their bid, its the right thing to do

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I realize you intend to give them away and not relist them but....personally, I would discard the silicone ear caps currently on this item if you've suck them in your ear.

There appear to be a supply of extras, but a used ear cap seems kind of unsanitary.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote: .... The next bidder may be surprised that they suddenly became the high bidder with 4 minutes left in the auction.

Not a problem.  The winning bid was placed when the auction had 6 seconds left.

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/333137123663?item=333137123663&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Yeah, someone bid them back up to $10.50. Eureka! 🙂 I was hoping for $25 or so, otherwise I would have just given them away. Oh well, win some lose some.

city*satins - I agree about the unsanitary domes. That would gross me out. I actually did change them and they are new.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I thought it kind of funny that your bidder who couldn't afford the $10.50 had a max bid of $28.50 on them.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

I thought it kind of funny that your bidder who couldn't afford the $10.50 had a max bid of $28.50 on them.

Maybe it was the bidder's cat who placed the $28.50, so the bidder really did not know how high it was.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply