cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does some kind of seller tool make a lot of listings look very similar?

I both buy and sell, and have been surprised at how many listings look very similar.  They are typically very short, being one or two lines of text at most, all in the same font, and contain info that is very general and/or redundant, like this:

"Condition is Used. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail."

Is there some tool people are using that creates listings like this?  I see the same type of listing from many sellers.  Does the phone app perhaps do this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There are lots of eBay approved listing tools that have customized and or pre-filled areas.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/third-party-listing-tools.html

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sell similar

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

There are lots of eBay approved listing tools that have customized and or pre-filled areas.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/third-party-listing-tools.html

Good Luck Selling!

It must be with one of those that a lot of people use.  I've been selling for almost 20 years, and have always used the regular listing tool that allows a free-form description, and in more recent years has added structured data fields for things like shipping method.  It just seems that I'm seeing so many listings that look almost identical in how the description is structured, and when I read them, they seem odd.  When selling a used item, to say, "Condition is used," without any further information, to me sounds silly.  To specify shipping method within the text of the description is redundant, since it is in the shipping area.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Folks can also just create a standard template on the phone app or site listing tools

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I work for a large seller and I have created standard templates for writing descriptions. Each listing contains the appropriate information in the same place/format. This way our listers can not neglect to enter some information or enter redundant information that may be confusing. Each template is category specific, and they all all in the same format. Saves time and reduces errors when you have to list 50-100 listings a day............................

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Most likely they're drop shippers.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply