cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer using multiple new accounts, different shipping addresses, unverified paypal?

I listed five wireless internet routers recently.

Last week, a buyer with a new, 0 feedback account purchased one.  The paypal sender was marked "unverified," but the address was "confirmed," so I shipped the item fully insured, and it was delivered.

Same day as delivery, a second, new, 0 feedback ebay account bought three of the same router.  When I checked, the name on paypal was the same as the first buyer, but the ebay username, shipping address, and name of the buyer according to ebay were all different.

Today, a third new, 0 feedback account bought my last router.  Like before, when I checked, the name on paypal was the same as the first two buyers, but the ebay username, shipping address, and name of the buyer according to ebay were all different from the other two.

I'm worried someone is trying to scam me.  I haven't shipped the last two orders, and I don't know if I should cancel.  Technically the buyer is circumventing the buying limits I placed to prevent more than 2 purchases within 10 days if the account has less than +5 feedback.

I tried calling ebay, but customer service kept me on hold for an hour and never answered.

Suggestions?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Buyer using multiple new accounts, different shipping addresses, unverified paypal?

Appears that you have reason to proceed with caution.

Since the buyer is circumventing your buying limits, keep trying to contact ebay to discuss this matter.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Sounds like someone is using you as their dropshipper

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I don't know if those blocks work anymore.........aren't you saying that a new/0 feedback buyer bought 3 routers........but you have block on anyone with less than 5 feedback on buying more than 2?    He should have been prevented from buying 3? 

You will have to contact Ebay........but if paypal says ok to ship, I imagine they are going to tell you to ship.....  Multiple accounts to get around a block have been explained here as not sufficient reason to cancel a purchase.....  Buyers must be doing it "for malicious" reasons......according to the blues. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

jen_proudleowife,

That thought crossed my mind as well.

Well, despite everything, paypal says the shipping addresses are confirmed and seller protection eligible, so I guess I will be shipping the items...

horangico

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Not only is somebody apparently using you as a dropshipper, but they probably are purchasing as a Guest rather than setting up new accounts.  Just be careful to follow the specifics of the seller protection policy (tracking etc.).

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@hwarang_co wrote:

I tried calling ebay, but customer service kept me on hold for an hour and never answered.

Try calling customer support at 8:00am EST when they first open.  I can usually speak to someone within 5 minutes at that time of the morning.  Since you're on the east coast it should be easier for you than for west coast sellers.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I ended up going through the website and requesting that ebay call me. They called me back within a minute, which surprised me after being on hold for an hour!

No surprise, ebay rep told me to ship the items and that I would be protected by ebay and Paypal Seller Protection if there is any fraud involved. She said she will document our conversation on my account.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Not only is somebody apparently using you as a dropshipper, but they probably are purchasing as a Guest rather than setting up new accounts.  Just be careful to follow the specifics of the seller protection policy (tracking etc.).

^^THIS^^

What would I do? Nothing as long as sales were being made and I didn't care who was buying my stuff.  If I didn't want to be used as someone's dropshipper, I'd be raising my prices.Smiley Wink

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 9
latest reply