cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer told me to refund their money asap with a false claim.

Buyer basically demanded me to send their money back in full ASAP. They bought a brand new videogame from my store. This buyer made a fraudulent claim that I used TracFone cards to fill the case to make it weigh more and sent an empty case to them. I immediately blocked their account and reported their message to eBay for trying to scam me. I have even reported their account too. Ebay says I cannot do anything about freedom of speech yatta yatta yatta **bleep** after they left a negative review the very next day saying these lies on my account. This to me is a part of defamation. It is so scummy of this buyer to pull this even after giving them a 5 dollar off discount they asked me for. I cannot even begin to tell you how angry this makes me. It's extremely frustrating and I've already lost a lot of sleep over it. I don't know what I should do to get this bogus review off of my profile. Ebay says it doesn't hurt my account but it's an attack of my integrity here as a seller. Ebay does jack squat about anything. Just as bad as Mercari when it comes to helping with real issues like this unfortunately.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I would not communicate with them anymore. But be aware that if they make a formal claim thru eBay you will have to pay to have them return something to you and then refund them or you can just refund them.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

"Please return the item for a refund."

That's all that needs to be said.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

That first negative feedback hurts and a lot of us have been there. Buyers will still buy from you whether or not you have that negative feedback. Not every buyer is honest. Be sure to always check a buyer's feedback as well.

A good day for me is when I get no emails from anyone on eBay about an item mailed.

I have a few times just refund a buyer and move on...and not leave any feedback. If it's a small refund I will do it and not really do a lot of emails to the buyer since that can upset the buyer more...maybe leaving a negative feedback to me. 

To get your rating up from 96 % you will need to sell more items per month now. I learned that from staring at a negative feedback for about 9 months. I was able to get back to 100% rating by selling about 100 items a month so mine negative feedback got knocked off early. I have been there where you are now and you basically need to concentrate on selling and forget about this buyer.

I remember a buyer returning stamps with tracking to me and refused it because it felt like liquid poop in a dark bag. I contested it at the post office because mailman wouldn't touch it and got charged an extra $20.00 from the bank. It does make a funny story now for me to tell.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

You can put your own reply to his comment.  Make people aware of what went on in a calm, factual tone.  You can explain your side of the story.

You can also request feedback removal and explain your case.  Calmly and factually.  It might result in fb removal from them.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

IMHO a better reply would have been...

"Item was brand new and factory sealed. Please return for a full refund if you are not happy."

Think about which reply would be better for future potential buyers to see.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

IMHO a better reply would have been...

"Item was brand new and factory sealed. Please return for a full refund if you are not happy."

Think about which reply would be better for future potential buyers to see.

In a perfect world this would be the perfect solution - Problem is the souls, morals and minds of the world population are rotting away on a fast track just as prophesied - Chances are he/she would get back something completely different in return and now be out the shipping cost on top of losing the item or money, adding insult to injury. In my opinion, this place is becoming a den of thieves and culpability is spread though out...

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

But you're still listing on this "den of thieves", right?  

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Dear buyer, we sent you the merchandise you ordered and have no idea why you are saying you got an empty box. Please be advised we will be checking that the package was not ripped open by the postal service as they take pictures of the package along the way and request that you hold the box packing material so we can have it inspected. The item might magically turn up after this or you may not hear from them again. It’s worth a try. If they play criminal, you play the police. LOL!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

A small percentage of online transactions are going to be theives. Yes, report them and they only get so many tries on here with that account to come up with their blaming you as the thief story before they get axed.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@isaiah53-57 wrote:
In a perfect world this would be the perfect solution - Problem is the souls, morals and minds of the world population are rotting away on a fast track just as prophesied - Chances are he/she would get back something completely different in return and now be out the shipping cost on top of losing the item or money, adding insult to injury. In my opinion, this place is becoming a den of thieves and culpability is spread though out...
@soh.maryl wrote:

But you're still listing on this "den of thieves", right?  

@soh.maryl

You Again? - You're kidding me right? How many times do you have to go through the admonishment of asking me this question? If you want my patent answer again, here goes: I have 12 listings running - 12 - Twelve - If you want to count that as having a presence here, fine - Those same listings have been running for years - they are the leftovers of the leftovers of the leftovers of thousands of items I had listed from 6 different accounts WHEN I STOPPED LISTING - Since my time is my most valuable asset, and I put the time in to create them, they will stay there until they rot or ebay goes under or I die - I DO NOT LIST ANYMORE in protest of exorbitant fees, Promoted Listings and the fraud as a result of the MBG - Since mid 2000's I have sold millions of dollars of items here on ebay - I have closed five other accounts and this is my last account, which I use for posting and for the hopes that ebay will finally(in my humble opinion) do an about face and start treating their sellers with the respect and dignity they deserve.

OH and did I mention I DONT LIST HERE ANYMORE?... There...Happy??

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for your explanation.  

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

A small percentage of online transactions are going to be theives. Yes, report them and they only get so many tries on here with that account to come up with their blaming you as the thief story before they get axed.

Really....I dont agree with this statement in the least - I had a run-in with a fraudster that had years worth of false positive feedback pointing them out as a scammer - They scammed the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks out of us and I made a point to let their current and past sellers know they needed to report them to get the buyer kicked off ebay - I talked to at bare minimum of 10 different sellers who HAD reported them - The scammer just continued doing what he or she was doing for months with boldness until I got tired of looking to see if they had been removed - They may be, and as far as I am concerned, likely still there scamming with impunity...Nope, dont agree with that statement at all...

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

It's the on line five finger discount.  Just have to add a small amount to all your prices to cove such loss.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Yes, those kind of things were happening on Amazon as well, with several people being in the news where they had continued to buy and ask for replacement items. They then sold the original items for a huge profit because they got away with this with probably thousands of orders probably with different accounts. I believe that was several years ago and online marketplaces have gotten much more keen to this kind of buyer /thief behavior since then. So, I understand and sorry that that happened to you here.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply